|WikiProject Apple Inc. / Macintosh||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Computing / Software||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Not a minor edit
My change was not a minor edit. I accidentally checked the box. My bad. Can someone unmark that as a minor edit? IlliterateSage 03:18, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
Can anyone name anything in particular that needs referencing?
T3h 11:56, 12 April 2007 (UTC) well to me it looks like the following citation is needed
- "many third party cards" a list or a source would be usefull
- "Cracking of WEP and WPA keys, both by brute force" again some sort of citation would be good, is this in theory (i thought brute force cracks took weeks/months surely this isn't a useful feature)
- a citation for the last paragraph would also be usefull Xbehave 02:15, 22 April 2007 (UTC)
I would cite the appropriate sources; however, the main website has been shut down. When a new site emerges, I (or someone else) should cite what needs to be cited. All of the information in this article can be cited from the KisMAC site. IlliterateSage 03:18, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
i feal the opening paragraph is sooo pov and biased the entire article needs an NPOV tag, i don't think its should be stated that its features are "far exceeding..."Im not sure if it classifies as an advert because the whole article comes pretty close and the fact it can only run on certain hardware whereas the alternatives run on everything(or everything that runs properly in linux for kismet) is brushed over Xbehave 02:15, 22 April 2007 (UTC)
Netstumbler is only a simple active stumbler that repetedly queries Windows for the current networks in range. KisMac on the other hand uses passive mode like Kismet does, has GPS mapping, network security testing and network details. I think saying that it has more features is justified. T3h 00:00, 17 August 2007 (UTC)
The article states that kismac is being actively developed, the revision log on http://trac.kismac-ng.org/log/ however shows that development effectively stopped in February 2011, nor is there any activity on related mailinglists or forums. --Itsme (talk) 14:47, 14 February 2013 (UTC)
Is this legal?
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on KisMAC. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080303154514/http://kismac-ng.org:80/wiki/doku.php?id=faq to http://kismac-ng.org/wiki/doku.php?id=faq#under_what_license_is_kismac_published
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080212004332/http://gpsd.berlios.de:80/ to http://gpsd.berlios.de
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100208145603/http://trac.kismac-ng.org:80/wiki/Downloads to http://trac.kismac-ng.org/wiki/Downloads
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.