Talk:List of neighborhoods in Jersey City, New Jersey
|WikiProject New Jersey / Hudson County||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
|It is requested that a map or maps be included in this article to improve its quality.
Wikipedians in New Jersey may be able to help!
Jersey City's neighborhoods are greatly defined by the topography of the city, the historical patterns by which the original towns were incorporated into it during the 19th century. For most of the twentieth century the city was broadly thought of as has having these districts:
- Downtown: south of Hoboken, north of the Morris Canal, east of the Palisades
- The Heights: formerly Hudson City, north of the Bergen Arches
- Journal Square: south of Bergen Arches, north of Montgomery Street
- Bergen: south of Montgomery, both sides of the Boulevard
- Bergen-Lafayette, formerly Bergen City radiating from Communipaw Junction
- West Side, along and west of West Side Avenue
- Marion, around Broadway
- Greenville, south of Communipaw Ave