Talk:MNM (professional wrestling)/Archive 1
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
This sentence from the article makes no sense, grammatically or otherwise: "MNM got their start in OVW when Matt Cappotelli brought in Melina Perez , and girlfriend of Johnny Nitro in spite of revenge."
I'm not editing it because I'm not familiar with their OVW run, and because I'm not even sure what the sentence is trying to say. Can someone who can make out the intended meaning clean it up? Jcb9 20:20, 12 March 2006 (UTC)
This is reffering to when MNM first staretd back in OVE. I cant remember exactely but the angle went somewhat along the lines of Matt bringing out Melina, claiming she was an ex-girlfriend of Nitro and wanted revenge. Melina then did a swerve and attcked matt. Not sure when mercury came into it though.
The trivia article is false. Johnny Nitro was given his name on RAW by Eric Bischoff, which was a take off the name of Monday Nitro
No, you're wrong. Johnny Nitro had divised the persona before his run on RAW and he frequently mentioned it during Tough Enough, at a time when he had no interaction with Eric Bischoff or divised characters from the creative team. Jack of Blades
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:MNM"
- There is a difference between "Persona" and "Name" - if I am not mistaken he was called "Johnny Blaze" among other things before Bischoff named in "Johnny Nitro" MPJ-DK 07:25, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
Shouldn't here finisher just be the facebuster, because that is "ALL" she used at the time of MNM?
Information that is notable after the Breakup
I fail to see why Nitro teaming with Dykstra is any kind of important within an article about MNM, yet the changing of Nitro's name (one of the 3 reasons why it is called MNM) is not important.
Is Nitro's ECW reign worth mentioning? Probably not, but it did lead to his repackaging and subsequent name change. It certainly should not be included in a title count for the team as a whole, but perhaps as a reason for Nitro's name change nevertheless.
Is the draft important? Probably not, though it did divide Melina and Nitro despite being after Mercury's release. This is almost unnecessary since Mercury and Nitro were teaming across 2 brands anyway, but the information on Dykstra is completely irrelevant.
Is Johnny Nitro teaming with Dykstra after Mercury was released important? Prob--no. While I'm open to hearing why it is worth mentioning, my personal opinion is that it is irrelevant.
With those questions out of the way I would like to state my opinions of what the article should include. I already made an edit keeping the Dykstra information yet adding the Nitro/Morrison name change only to see it promptly reverted. IMO, name changes and further releases of the characters should be placed in the article. Mercury's release was the end of the team, yes, but Morrison's name change would have had just as much impact. If Mercury IS brought back, Morrison's name will be the next determining factor in the team's recreation. Would they still be MNM, or MMM? While this is speculative, I hope you see my point. Any of the characters' name changes are important, especially so soon after the breakup. All I ask is for one line about the Nitro/Morrison name change, but no. And so I ask others' opinions. Enhanceddownloadbird 20:12, 28 August 2007 (UTC)
- The draft is certainly worth mentioning because it's the only thing that cemented the team split. As long as Nitro and Melina (and whoever else) were still on the same brand they tended to get shown together or at least mentioned in the same breath by commentators, keeping the team alive in the minds of fans.
- The name of the team aside, it was fairly obvious the team of Dykstra and Nitro was at least some kind of attempt at keeping the "Hollywood A-listers" gimmick alive. Unfortunately for the two of them and whatever writer it happened right before the draft and they were split.
- There's no reason to add that Nitro went on to change his name here, it has nothing to do with MNM at all. If, in the future, MNM is reformed (with the name MNM or any other name), then his name change will be notable, as will however it is handled.«»bd(talk stalk) 00:29, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
- I disagree entirely. And therefore I ask for a second opinion as we could easily resort to an edit war here. I do not think that the Hollywood A-listers gimmick should automatically incorporate it into the team of MNM. If someone else uses the gimmick, does that make them a part of MNM too?
- Also, I still believe the name change is valuable as his ring name was indeed 1/3 of the team name, that is undeniable. What harm is one line to mention it as opposed to the one line that you have about Dykstra that I disagree with myself?
- The difference here is that I am willing to have the Dykstra part in there as long as the final nail in the coffin is brought up. You are only willing to have your version in there. This article is not yours, it is a group effort, and I have not seen any effort from you to work with anyone that has tried to edit this article. May I remind you, this article is not a GA candidate yet, and until it is made one, frequent reversions are a bad thing save for vandalism. Enhanceddownloadbird 04:42, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
- What the hell are you talking about, I reverted the last edit because it was patently incorrect. the split had nothing to do with Nitro winning the ECW belt as the edit implied. Just because the team was named after the members doesn't mean the members changing their names afterwards has anything to do with this article. Look at teams named after kayfabe brothers where one man takes the others last name, then later uses another one. When the team breaks up and uses his own name down the line there's no reason to go back and say "later on x's name was changed to y".
I would like to create a link here to the music festival Montréal/Nouvelles Musiques which is usually abbreviated MNM. That would make at least five links in the disambig header. According to the disambig pages that should justify a disambiguation page. I have never created one before however and don't want to mess things up.Srm30 (talk) 15:40, 25 June 2008 (UTC)