|WikiProject Middle-earth||(Rated B-class, High-importance)|
When the Men of Middle-earth die, they leave the Arda. Where do they go then?
- They first pass to the Halls of Mandos, albeit other halls than those of the Elves. Within the Middle-earth mythology it is nowhere explained where Men ultimately go: that's the reason why they're called the guests by Elves, who are doomed to stay in Arda until the End. Jordi·✆ 17:19, 27 Mar 2005 (UTC)
They may end up in the Timeless Halls of Eru, although they may leave Eä altogether and go to a parallel universe where they'll live in a heavenly existence until the second Music of the Ainur. It's more likely that they'll end up in the Timeless Halls, however. Scorpionman 9:53, 1 April 2005 (UTC)
Can anyone tell me what the life span of Men is?
about 100 years
Long Life of the Numenor
Surprisingly, There is little or no information on WHY ARgorn or other Dunedain have such long lifes.
- They are Numenoreans, who were blessed with long life by the Valar after the overthrow of Morgoth. By the way, it's "lives" not "lifes". 126.96.36.199 00:02, 21 August 2006 (UTC)
Legolas or other elf as a "man"
"Legolas, for example, may be correctly called a man but not a Man."
I question this, as AFAIK Tolkien always uses the term "elf" in such cases and never "man". Got a cite? -- 188.8.131.52 (talk) 18:37, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
- I agree, and I think no one will find a cite for it. Male Elves are neither "men" nor "Men." Additionally, I think it is Peregrin Took who corrects some soldiers of Gondor, denying that he is a man and telling them that he is a hobbit. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 21:09, 13 January 2015 (UTC) Eric
Would it be helpful to say, conversely, that Eowyn is a "Man" but not a "man"? From this article, it appears that would be true. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 03:29, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Man (Middle-earth). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070222092137/http://lalaith.vpsurf.de/Tolkien/Fr_Ind.html to http://lalaith.vpsurf.de/Tolkien/Fr_Ind.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070222092042/http://lalaith.vpsurf.de/Tolkien/Fr_Men.html to http://lalaith.vpsurf.de/Tolkien/Fr_Men.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.