Talk:Oak Brook, Illinois
|WikiProject Illinois||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Chicago||(Rated Start-class)|
Oak Brook in Cook County?
I noticed the recent change of Oak Brook belonging in Du Page and Cook counties. I'm pretty sure it is not in any part of Cook county. I also checked the references and the links don't work. Anyone want to check up on this? Frankster200277 (talk) 10:07, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- This screams of original research, but comparing the two boundary maps, I see no overlap. Also, my quick Google search produced no mention of the two overlapping. This is the boundary map for Oak Brook and the boundary map for Cook County. It appears they share a boundary along I-294, with no overlap. Cheers Dkriegls (talk) 20:00, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
- So part of it is in Cook County or not? And there is an inconsistency. The description says it is in Du Page and Cook but the right hand column only says Du Page. That should be remedied.
- The above message was sent by me, Frankster200277, but my computer logged me off for some reason.
- Yes, part of Oak Brook is in Cook. Despite what you are looking at, there is a sliver on the Cook County side, but I don't think it is occupied. If you don't believe me, go to a law library and check CCH's state tax table, which will show Oak Brook as having DuPage and Cook rates. It would be interesting to know if any of the land is privately owned and if any Cook taxes are paid in Oak Brook, but either way, Oak Brook technically has a Cook component. -Rrius (talk) 08:07, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
- Here's a roundabout way of proving it. Go to this site and select "COOK" from the "Search By County" option and click "GO". Then, you will be able to see that Oak Brook is listed as one of the towns in Cook County. I'm sure if you searched the Census site you would find the same thing since the dead link you complained about was to a government-run census site. -Rrius (talk) 08:14, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
- See, I was right:  -Rrius (talk) 08:16, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
- Looks good to me. Nice detective work Rrius. Cheers Dkriegls (talk) 08:47, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Oak Brook, Illinois. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.