Talk:Ocean of Sound/GA1
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reviewer: WonderBoy1998 (talk · contribs) 14:49, 8 April 2014 (UTC) Hello. I am going to be reviewing this article. It's pretty short so hopefully the review won't take a lot of time. --WonderBoy1998 (talk) 14:49, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- The first sentence in the lead "Ocean of Sound is a compilation album produced by English musician and author David Toop" kind of opposes the infobox's mentioning of "Compilation album by Various artists". Consider using a word other than "produced", for example "compiled by" or something.
- No dead links and rationales provided for any nonfree file.
- No occurrence of close paraphrasing.
- " In the book, Toop asked what ambient music can be defined as: "Calm, therapeutic sounds for chilling out or music which taps into the disturbing, chaotic undertow of the environment?" - I think this sentence needs to be reworked. Consider not quoting an entire sentence.
- I think you should include the reason why the album went out of print. The Idolator source clearly mentions that.
- Consider including Spin Media in the publisher syntax of the Idolator ref.
- "The Independent wrote that, because he used sources such as Oriental music, minimalism, and classical composers, "Toop navigates smoothly between the various strands that have contributed to the current techno/'fourth-world' style of ambient-pop."" - It would be better to move the "because" part to the end of the sentence. It seems contrived, forced, as of now.
- "but also stand alone as separate pieces that are interesting, if not excellent" - I don't think such sentences should be included since they fare as direct quotes rather than paraphrases.
- This is a paraphrase of "not only do the individual selections range from intriguing to great, but every one connects effortlessly to the next under the magic combination of taste and knowledge." What did you mean by "direct quotes" though? Dan56 (talk) 00:20, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
- As the Allmusic rating has been included in the Critical ratings box, a mentioning of its review in the body is necessary.
- http://www.robertchristgau.com/xg/pnj/deans96.php - "Dean's list" here refers to Christgau I assume? If not the sentence " Robert Christgau, the poll's creator, named it the best compilation of 1996 in his own list for the Pazz & Jop" will need to be amended.
- Include publishers of Chicago Reader and Allmusic in the syntax, Wrapports and Rovi Corporation, respectively.