|WikiProject Greece||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
- Hymns/songs mentioning Olympiacos
- history of the team
- mention that it's the only team in greek football team which won the greek league 7 times in a row
- mention the dead of "Thyra Epta", mention the (original, but now not so obvious) social differences between the working-class "Gavroi" fans in contrast to the bourgeois "Vazeloi" (Contribution by Anonymous Coward)
- <your idea here>
Project2501a 15:20, 25 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Can people stop linking the Greek wiki as a source? No one gives two hoots what Greek wiki guys are saying. If reliable sources are there then import them. Sillyfolkboy (talk) (edits) 18:11, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- These numbers of titles really need a good reference. Can any Greek editors care to help out on this? My Greek is only very basic. Sillyfolkboy (talk) (edits) 14:48, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- I can help with the Greek. A lot of things need to be cleaned up here... Let me know what you need. Costastz (talk) 06:13, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
The titles in this article keep changing all the time and need reference. A lot of titles in table tennis and sailing are individual athlete titles and more importantly some of them (for ex. doubles in table tennis or some categories in sailing) are won by a team of athletes coming from different clubs. More on these later...
- As a start, please do not try to deceive Wikipedia readers with this so called CELA Cup in wrestling. This European Club Champions Cup tournament was organized by CELA for the first time in 2005 with limited participation by European clubs. The purpose was to crown the European champion club in freestyle and greco-roman wrestling. In 2006 only 6 clubs too part in the greco-roman style (one of them was Olympiacos) and no tournament was held in freestyle because there was no interest from clubs. Those 6 clubs were separated into 2 groups of 3 teams each. Olympiacos finished last in their group with all defeats. They faced the last team of the other group to determine rankings 5 and 6. Olympiacos finished 5th. CELA awarded cups to the participating clubs, but finishing 5th in a tournament is not a title to be claimed. Thank you. Costastz (talk) 06:02, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- This is the answer posted at the user-talk forum:
" Please do not try to deceive Wikipedia readers with this so called CELA Cup in wrestling." ---- Oh man you surely have an attitude to make such st*p*d claims. This is the page of Olympiakos C F P and the link of the particular title refers to the official Olympiacos CFP historical data, which I assume you either did not make any efforts visiting or you're just simply an idi*t. Now stop making misguiding edits to this page, you obviously care more to fullfil your personal problems with reality and with what Olympiacos stands as a team rather to inform the public of true facts. Apart from the CELA cup that you applied with a link that leads to no information (when you're citing some information you first make sure that it links to the specific topic of interest and not at the main page) you also made changes to other titles claiming other misguiding and false information so for your consideration >(→Honours: No super cup was held in 1980): False >>> Fact: In 1980 Greek Super Cup Olympiakos vs Kastoria : 4-3,proper ceremony held and award of the title was given to Olympiakos. (→Honours: No cup was held in 1994, 95, 96): Partly False >>> Fact: It is true that no cup was held in 95 and 96,however this is not the case for 1994 when Olympiakos played against Aris in Lamia stadium and won the trophy, full ceremony held and title was awarded that day. The fact that national players did not play in that match does not change the facts. (→Honours: No cup in 1927!!!)False >>> You really need to do your homework here mate. In 1927 Olympiakos won the trophy in Waterpolo department, however it does not appear on the official data of EKOF for the simple reason THAT IT DIDN'T EXIST THAT TIME AS AN ORGANISATION. And for that exact reason you can see a different structure of the titles from 1921 to 1927 that EKOF was officialy established. (→Honours: Attica cup is a local tournament, titles should not count here)>>> Now you really make laugh! Since when a title is not counted because it is based on a city such Athens?? And who the heck are you to decide what should appear here and what shouldnt??? --- Now to conclude , you have erased 48 titles from the data while (falsly) justifying only the 7 of them. And you dare to start a topic with me suggesting me to stop trying deceiving wikipedia readers? Ocfp 19:46, 13 Oct 2009 GMT
The title count is incorrect. For one they list unofficial tournaments as team titles (e.g table tennis). Second, they list individual titles (e.g in sailing, table tennis etc) as team titles. It's ok to mention these titles (provided they are true and verifiable) as part of the team's history but they CANNOT be counted towards the team's titles tally. Third they mention titles that don't exist, nor do they care to provide an official record that verifies these titles. Their reference is self-referential i.e it points to the (sic) the webpage of the Olympiacos team!!!!! The references should be to the official corresponding Athletic Federation records and should correspond to official titles organized by official federations, not unofficial or privately organized tournaments.The creators of this site should realize that wikipedia is like an encyclopedia, not a personal fun website.--YanniChill (talk) 02:02, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- The titles of this site are all accurate and verified by all means. If you don't agree with any of those, I invite you to bring forward any proof supporting your claims.
In general, it is true that the sum of the titles is being regularly updated and this is being explained at the bottom of the Introduction paragraph. Let me re-state it for you: "This is an incomplete list, which may never be able to satisfy certain standards for completion. You can help by expanding it with sourced additions." Most of the new additions are sourced from genuine sources, there are of course many that are unable to be sourced due to missing doumentation, yet that doesn't mean they are inaccurate by any means. Again, if you do not agree with any information being posted on this article, please feel free to share with the viewers any proof that sheds light to your argument, or simply stop disseminating the public viewers and admins.
In response to the user YanniChill claims, personally speaking I need to remind you pal, that I do not see you having the same interest as far as your team's unofficial titles are concerned. It would be interesting to see you having the same argument at the page you've been loyally 'editing. However, because this was only my pesonal opinion, I would like you to bring forward any information that can reinforce your argument. Arguing for the sake of arguing offers no interest and value to the public. For instance, it is a joke questioning that "individual titles should not be counted as the team's titles tally". Since when athletes that are members of Olympiacos CFP club should not be counted to Olympiacos CFP honours? It is a nonsense claim by ALL means. Of couse, when it comes to mixed teams i.e. table tennis, titles should be counted equally to both participating team's players. You should also consider taking a tutorial regarding 'genuine sourcing' since you believe that an OFFICIAL team's website is a bad source, or better stated "self-refferential" and "un-official". Same as before, share your 'genuine' information with the public viewers before arguing with plain text. Ocfp 19:46, 13 Oct 2009 GMT
Olympiacos has a racing team in the Superleague Formula series - see Olympiacos CFP (Superleague Formula team). MotorsportPete93 (talk) 12:36, 2 July 2009 (UTC) Since when is a victory in a race considered a "title"? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 02:38, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
- It was never meant to be referred as a title but more ore less as an honour. It is fixed now, but it is worth mentioning that it was never counted to the sum of the total titles. Ocfp 19:46, 13 Oct 2009 GMT
Nickname needs to be removed
I have no idea how to edit a page to do it myself. In the nicknames field the nickname Gavros (Anchovy) needs to be removed as it is used as an insult among fans (there are also nicknames like chanoumia -Turkish bellydancers for AEK fans- and Vazeloi -something to do with vaseline petroleum oil- for Panathinaikos fans). This must have been added by an opposing club fan. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 11:04, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- to be Gavyros is a life choice and you should feel proud about it, not insulted. However, due to the fact that 'Gayros' only refers to the fans of Olympiacos and Gate L7 and not to the Olympiakos CFP club, it has been removed. Ocfp 19:46, 13 Oct 2009 GMT
Frankly, I am having a great deal of difficulty following what various editors are doing to this article, in particular User:Vghj526 and User:Kostasdiony (currently blocked). It would be appreciated if you could come here and discuss what you want to do to the article and why. I've restored it to its current version because, honestly, it looks the most like an article in this state. The last edit, for example, by Vghj, looked awful, including a dreadfully formatted titles section, and apparently the entire anthem in Greek (you really have to be kidding).