|This article is/was the subject of an educational assignment in 2013 Q1. Further details are available on the course page.|
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Chelseylandis619/sandbox — Preceding unsigned comment added by Chelseylandis619 (talk • contribs) 04:09, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
"PSY 401 C: Peer Review for Chelsey"
(a)Progress #: 4
(b) Great job with making this more relevant to overlearning. Overall, you made this article really accessible for people!
- You may want to change the introduction sentence to read “Overlearning is a pedagogical concept according to which newly acquired skills are practiced well beyond the point of initial mastery, leading to automaticity.”
- Contemporary work
- I am confused by the sentence: “The amount of overlearning also showed an effect of overlearning:” I think just using overlearning twice is confusing. Think about what effect means to the general population. You may want to make this less technical and more accessible to others.
- Overlearning geography facts and word definitions
- “After one week overlearners recalled more geography facts and word definitions than…” should read: “After one week, overlearners recalled more geography….”
- Expand on the part “this effect gradually disappeared thereafter”
- Overlearning mathematics:
- what do you mean by “distributed practice”? Explain this more for this section.
- Perhaps provide links to pages that can provide insight on terms such as “short-term retention” and “meta-analysis”