|WikiProject Statistics||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
I have started to add some material to this page, focusing on providing basic refs for the Normal and Student case. First additions done April 19 2007, with more to come - WSShaww 09:43, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
Added ref to Gilchrist book April 23, Shaww 09:41, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
Added link to quantile page Shaww 16:45, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
In "All of Statistics" by Larry Wasserman (page 25), is defined as for . The inequality is strict and can be equal to or . Is it nevertheless correct ? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 13:00, 24 February 2013 (UTC)
Signum Function Example
To keep consistent notation with the Sign function article, use sgn(x) instead of sign(x). This would also alleviate the need to explain that the reader shouldn't confuse it with the sine function. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:11, 6 May 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Quantile function. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20120324042025/http://course.shufe.edu.cn:80/jpkc/jrjlx/ref/StaTable.pdf to http://course.shufe.edu.cn/jpkc/jrjlx/ref/StaTable.pdf
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20070505093933/http://home.online.no:80/~pjacklam/notes/invnorm/ to http://home.online.no/~pjacklam/notes/invnorm/
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20070609171237/http://www.mth.kcl.ac.uk/~shaww/web_page/papers/NormalQuantile1.pdf to http://www.mth.kcl.ac.uk/~shaww/web_page/papers/NormalQuantile1.pdf
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20070508022437/http://www.mth.kcl.ac.uk:80/~shaww/web_page/papers/Tdistribution06.pdf to http://www.mth.kcl.ac.uk/~shaww/web_page/papers/Tdistribution06.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.