Talk:Ranks and insignia of NATO
|WikiProject NATO (Inactive)|
It would be nice to include an english translation of the ranks from non-english-speaking countries.
When will the Naval ranks be completed?
The French, how much I hate them
Aside from OF-10 Army is now done, I still hate the exessive number of Itallian, French ranks.=
- You might want to turn all the "No Equavalent" into "No Equivalent". -- Necrothesp 10:09, 4 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Done, I hope :) --the wub 11:12, 13 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Broken beyond repair
Since the page didn't load today, I tried to subst: in the templates, but now I'm stuck half way. I can't even revert. Check Ranks and insignia of NATO/template version for a nowiki'd edition of the last template version. BTW, I think it's not the templates that kill it, but the tables that stress the rendering engine to the point of timing out. Well, if the server is untypically fast you can try to revert to Cool Cat's version, but that one won't work either. I guess we just have to split this page up. -- grm_wnr 00:45, 19 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- This is stupid. I do not understand why this doesnt work, with lots of static templates it works perfectly, generic template makes it unworkable. Ill revert back to very static version. -- Cat chi? 06:29, 19 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- This page was working perfectly before I introduced generic templates. Also images are resised to 50 pixels. It was working perfectly before that. -- Cat chi? 06:35, 19 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- I do not think neither the tables nor the number of templates is the problem. This page is unmanagable without the templates. You are welcome to dictate what I can do and what I cannot and snub your nose. I do not have the ability to deal with this any other way.when page is done there will be 1400+images on this page. -- Cat chi? 06:40, 19 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Wierd I was trying to revert to DmitryKo's version. It was a working version. Templates themselves changed a bit. Images were made smaller and thats about it. -- Cat chi? 06:43, 19 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Ok I have reintroduced al the templates and commented them out, all templates are on Template:Ranks and Insignia of NATO/Army. Now it works with 2 templates. 5 templates. Fine till poland... -- Cat chi? 07:29, 19 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- We found out yesterday that it was the lengthy wikitable syntax that was bogging down, not the templates. When I substed in the templates it happened instantly, but even with NO templates in the article (everything was substed in) it took forever for the tables to render. silsor 16:14, Apr 19, 2005 (UTC)
Change Enlisted to non-Officer
I suggest re-naming all of the articles on this topic using the more neutral "non-officer" as opposed to "enlisted". This would make the articles easier to understand as to what they relate to. For example, many Commonwealth armed forces use the British term other ranks where the US uses enlisted. Therefore a neutral and easily understood compromise would perhaps lead to more clarity.
- "Non-Officer" sounds very odd. "Non-commissioned personnel" or something similar is better. -- Necrothesp 11:12, 9 August 2005 (UTC)
- Has there been any discussion of moving the Ranks and insignia of NATO armies officers to a layout like Ranks and insignia of NATO Air Forces Officers and Ranks and insignia of NATO Navies Officers? The wikignome in me had a small seizure when I was flipping through the pages. :) I'd be glad to help, but didn't want to reinvent the wheel. PS Replying here is ok, on my watchlist. — MrDolomite | Talk 03:49, 31 July 2006 (UTC)