Talk:Silent Hill: Homecoming/Archive 2
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
Clean this up?
Considering the game is already out, can someone clean this page up a little? I mean, why does it still say "Although plot details are scarce, this upcoming entry is about a Special Forces soldier who returns from a war to search for his missing brother."? I'm pretty sure plot details are not scarce about a frickin' game that is already out... Or how about "It is rumored that the developers are once again planning to create multiple endings based on the way players do things in the game, continuing the tradition of the other games in the Silent Hill series."? Pretty sure everyone has known about that being true for a bit now. I'm just saying... Well, maybe people are too busy playing it still, I'll give it some time. --22.214.171.124 (talk) 23:56, 1 October 2008 (UTC)Jigsaw 541
- ... and who the hell are you? Some dork on the internet telling other people to clean up the article? If you're having problems with it, fix it yourself. --James599 (talk) 19:01, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
Folks, the Plot section is way, way too long. I have a feeling someone was using this page as their game journal and they detailed everything that happened. I don't have the time to sort through the section right now, but until someone comes along and does so, the two tags that I should added - in-universe and very long - should stay. — HelloAnnyong (say whaaat?!) 03:13, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
- I've rejigged most of the article to update it, but cannot really trim or reference the Plot section with game transcript until I get the game (being in the UK, it's not out yet, though I've ordered a PS3 version import which should arrive soon). SynergyBlades (talk) 01:49, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
- I've added all the references I could that would back up the plot as is currently written, but I do feel that the plot is currently too intricate and could be cut by at least a paragraph or so (as could the amount of script referenced, but I wanted to start with a large amount and go down from there, so as not to miss out any important bits). SynergyBlades (talk) 01:55, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- There probably should be some mention in the development section of the similarities to the 2006 film. here's a mention of the "otherworld" shift similarity to get started.
- May I suggest revising the first paragraph? It should be noted that these things were not apparently considered by Foundation 9. --Lenin and McCarthy | (Complain here) 21:51, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
- I thought I'd spotted the first in one of the reviews, but I couldn't find it and had been editing for ages, so left it. I've added the info to the development section, and that source also explains the real-time wound mechanic, which I've put in the gameplay section. I hope the opening to the second paragraph explains the first a bit better, but I suppose it could be expanded a bit if necessary - I'm just not sure how much of what Yamaoka said was wrong, or why, as I've no source to explain the discrepancies. SynergyBlades (talk) 22:15, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
Is it a fact that the truck driver was travis?,because i dont think just because is logical that its a fact,unless i missed somthing as i was playing in the game his name is never mentioned,unless its some clue as little as license plate number being the same as the one from origins or somthing like that,though im not sure there is one.Sorry to be petty like this,in fact this is a personal question sort of im asking. LDTREX25 (talk) 08:33, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
- It's in the given source, which is why it's in the article. SynergyBlades (talk) 14:58, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
Mixed or positive?
Currently the reception says it has been "mixed", which is fair given thats what it says on Meacritic... however the 360 version is based off 13 reviews and 10 for the PS3 while on Game Rankings its 77% and 76% with the former based on 14, both scores of which would fall more into fair/favourable... Now of course the more reviews we get the more clear it will be but even now it seems to be contradictory in terms of references. Stabby Joe (talk) 14:56, 13 October 2008 (UTC)
- I'd be okay with changing it to "mostly positive." — HelloAnnyong (say whaaat?!) 15:05, 13 October 2008 (UTC)
- I have made this change, given that with a few more reviews, the aggregate has gone up for both, and certainly for the PS3 version which appears to have been that used by those giving the most positive reviews; Metacritic now gives the PS3 version "generally favorable reviews", which is another indicator that the title, as a whole, had a generally positive reception. SynergyBlades (talk) 02:17, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
Indefinitely delayed on steam
- From what ive heard it should be releasing late November. Ill keep looking —Preceding unsigned comment added by Cpt Jack House (talk • contribs) 00:55, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
Would someone please replace the current picture in the Development section with one showing the "otherworld" transformation? That would actually have more of a purpose. --Lenin and McCarthy | (Complain here) 17:41, 27 October 2008 (UTC)
- I've added the most suitable one I could find, from Gamespot; it doesn't show the transformation very dramatically, but I've indicated as such on the "replaceable" section of the fair-use template, so if a better one can be found it can be uploaded in its place. Gamespot, incidentally, has a nice line of pictures from when Alex had short cropped hair, possibly also suitable for the development section if we can find an article or other source for the change of character design during the development process. SynergyBlades (talk) 23:38, 27 October 2008 (UTC)