I am failing this article's GA nomination due to an obvious lack of readiness. Specifics:
- Numerous citation needed tags, plus other significant untagged areas needing references. Statistics, opinions, quotes, etc. must have references.
- A bunch of dead link tags.
- References that consist of nothing but a bare url link.
- Bullet pointed lists that should be presented as (referenced) prose.
- Image galleries are discouraged
- Text should not be sandwiched between images.
- A city of over 850,000 people, and its governance can be discussed in three sentences and a short list?
The lack of referencing is the biggest issue that needs to be rectified before this article is brought back to GAN. Please let me know if you have any questions. Dana boomer (talk) 20:49, 10 October 2013 (UTC)
Largest city in the Nordic counties ?
First we cant mix encyclopedic relevace with some kind of competiotion race. A lead sentencece like "Stockholm is the largest city in the Nordic countries" isn't of encyclopedical value unless this is obvious from all aspects. And which city that really is the larger one of Stockholm and Copenhagen is a question of how to meassure and define what is ment. Stockholm being obviously larger than Copenhagen is not an obvious truth. For instance the city core of Stockholm only counts around 300.000 inhabitants ("Innesrstan"), while the rest lives in Solna Town or in suburbs, while the same figure in Copenhagen is close to 700.000 inhabitants, wich comprices most of Copenhagen municipality (and some countrysida at western part of Amager), its exclave Frederiksberg municipality and the eastern part of Gentofte municipality, Hellerup. Also Greater Stockholm, which counts 2.15 million inabitants, but at a land surface of 6.500 km2. The equivalent area of Copenhagen counts 200.000 less inhabitants -but at a land surface of just 2750 km2. I don't think such facts allows a statement like "Stockholm is [absolutely] the largest city in the Nordic countries", especially not if the article wants to return to become "a good article". Boeing720 (talk) 09:05, 29 May 2014 (UTC)