Talk:Super League Tri-series
|WikiProject Rugby league||(Rated Stub-class, Mid-importance)|
Against merging for three reasons.
- There is a separate Super League (Australia) season 1997 page for the Telstra Cup competition. It is consistent to have a separate page for the Tri-Series.
- Although the Tri-series results are mentioned on the Rugby League State of Origin page, it only lists Qld v. NSW results, not ... vs. NZ results
- The Super League (Australia) page is already quite large.
--dan, dan and dan 02:22, 30 March 2007 (UTC)
For Merging because:
- Information about the Tri-series is split between this page and the Super League (Australia) page.
- The Super League (Australia) page is indeed too large and is currently being considered for breaking down into two pages: one detailing the Super League war and another detailing the Super League season. If the Super League season page is created there will be no need for separate pages for the Tri-Series and Telstra Cup.
--Jeff79 03:49, 30 March 2007 (UTC)
I think that first reason of your is valid, but it is probably more appropriate to have all of the information on this page rather than some of the information on the other page. Furthermore, it isn't appropriate to have the rep season page (TS) on the Telstra Cup page. For example, state of origin results aren't kept on the individual season pages. Lastly, this page is completely consistent with the approach taken for many other rugby league comps. eg. Central European Tri-nations, Med. Cup, World Club Challenge etc etc.--dan, dan and dan 06:53, 30 March 2007 (UTC)
RLW contistently called this the Tri-Series whilst it was on.