Talk:Thickness planer

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Woodworking (Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Woodworking, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Woodworking on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
Start-Class article Start  This article has been rated as Start-Class on the quality scale.
 Mid  This article has been rated as Mid-importance on the importance scale.

I am against the merger of Flatness#Flatness in mechanical engineering into Thicknesser, the articles have very little to do with each other. JMiall 19:06, 3 May 2006 (UTC)

Justification for move[edit]

I've moved this to Thickness planer as the term "thicknesser" is virtually unheard-of in North America and "planer" (the common NA term) would be confusing to those in the UK. Thickness planer, at least, should be universally understood by all English speakers to refer to this particular device. Kelly Martin (talk) 16:10, 2 October 2007 (UTC)

Agree but you also need to change the term usage throughout the body of the article. SilentC 23:04, 2 October 2007 (UTC)