|WikiProject Anime and manga||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Shoujo vs Seinen
- Hm, that's odd, everything Dark Horse has put out about this so far has made it sound like a Shoujo manga. The art style reminds me more of Shoujo then Seinen, as well. KiTA 19:23, 18 September 2007 (UTC)
Vols 4 and 5
I am not sure this belongs on the wiki or not, but I emailed Dark Horse to ask about Volumes 4 and 5, and they informed me they do intend to release them, but do not have them up on their website yet. KiTA (talk) 14:58, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
- I emailed them again, asking the same question, they again said that they plan to release Vols 4 and 5. The letter was the same, but this time it said they hoped to have an ETA soon. Again, not sure if this has any place in the article, but... KiTA (talk) 19:58, 13 May 2008 (UTC)
I read the manga today, I and I could have sworn it said something, if you have complete translucency for two weeks, you ALMOST never come out of it. Please correct me if I'm wrong. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 20:02, 11 March 2008 (UTC)
- It doesn't really cover Fully Transparent Syndrome's permanency until Volume 4 -- and my primitive translation of the Japanese books says 1 week, but might be wrong. Early on it talks about standard Translucent Syndrome becoming chronic ("almost never recovering", as it were) if people stay translucent for too long, I will find the page citation this evening, but the section on Translucent Syndrome cites Volume 1, Chapter 4. IIRC, it says one thing in Chapter 1 and another in Chapter 4 (and still others in Volume 4 and 5, IIRC).
- The artist seems to have changed his ideas on it early on -- I *think* the original Chapter 1 was supposed to be a 1 shot manga or was just sent in as an attempt to get himself published, but it was picked up for continuation in a magazine. I base this theory on the changes in character design between Chapter 1 and the rest of the series (Mamoru becomes more childish, Shizuka becomes more timid, Translucent Syndrome becomes a cyclic disease instead of almost immediately progressing to Fully Transparent Syndrome, etc.)
- In other news, still no sightings on their website, but given the time frame of previous releases, we should see a release of volume four in May-June or so. KiTA (talk) 18:29, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
- Just checked, Page 103 -- "We don't know the cause or cure yet... ... But we do know that we've never had a patient recover after being transparent for more than two weeks. You've already been like this for one week now. Therefore, you need to act quickly." KiTA (talk) 03:02, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
Why don't they ever give Okouchi san's first name? Does anyone know when the 4th and 5th will be out in English?
- Not sure. But then again, in Japan only very close friends use their first names, and Okouchi never quite gets to that point, I don't think. The 4th and 5th books will apparently be out in the middle of next year. KiTA (talk) 15:30, 15 November 2008 (UTC)