Talk:United States Military/GA1
I am going to have to fail this article for GA status, based mainly on referencing concerns. Below is a list of the major issues with the article:
- Severe under-referencing. There are many sections that are completely unreferenced, and most sections that are under-referenced.
- The lead should be a summary of the entire article. There should be no new information in the lead, and therefore no need for references.
- There should be no lists in the lead.
- There should be no external links in the body of the article. Instead, they should be converted into references or placed in the external links section.
- There shouldn't need to be references in picture captions.
- The War on Terrorism section should probably be converted to "Current operations" or something similar, so that it covers all of the US Military's current activities, rather than simply one section of them.
- The "Other" section should either be converted into prose or merged into the "See also" section. There should be no sections other than the "See also" section that are just a list of links.
- The "See also" section doesn't need individual templates for each link. Per MOS, simply make a list of the links using bullet points.
- Any and all lists in the body of the article are discouraged by MOS. Try to convert these into prose as much as possible.
These are just the major issues I saw in the article as I took a quick run through it. They should be addressed before the article is renominated at GAN. I have not done a complete check of prose or minor issues, and so simply addressing these issues will not assure you of a GA, although it will put you a lot closer to the mark. If you have any questions, please leave me a note on my talk page. Dana boomer (talk) 20:13, 15 September 2008 (UTC)