From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Disambiguation
WikiProject icon This page is within the scope of WikiProject Disambiguation, an attempt to structure and organize all disambiguation pages on Wikipedia. If you wish to help, you can edit the page attached to this talk page, or visit the project page, where you can join the project or contribute to the discussion.

Need a vane article discussing baffle vanes[edit]

These articles, when compared to the definitions in Wiktionary, do not seem to include the following type of vane:

"Any of several usually relatively thin, rigid, flat, or sometimes curved surfaces radially mounted along an axis, as a blade in a turbine or a sail on a windmill, that is turned by or used to turn a fluid."

That seems to be the type mentioned on the Baffle disambig page:

"Baffle (in vessel), a flow-directing vane or panel in some vessels such as shell and tube heat exchangers, chemical reactors, or static mixers."

"Baffle vanes" are also mentioned in the Cold trap article, and I'm sure elsewhere as well. I'm sorry that all I can do is point out that an article is needed, and then a link to that article should be added here.

Thanks, --Geekdiva (talk) 00:22, 24 June 2011 (UTC)