From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up tangent in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A tangent, in geometry, is a straight line through a point on a curve that has the same direction at that point as the curve.
Tangent may also refer to:
- Analogous concepts for surfaces and higher-dimensional smooth manifolds, such as the tangent space
- The tangent function, one of the six basic trigonometric functions
- Tangent (clavichord), a part of the action of the clavichord that both initiates and sustains a tone, and helps determine pitch
- Tangent (tangent piano), a part of the action of the tangent piano that only initiates the sound by striking the string(s) and rebounding immediately in the manner of a piano
- The Tangent, an international progressive rock supergroup
- Tangents: The Tea Party Collection, a compilation album from The Tea Party released in 2000.
- Tangents: 1973–1983, a compilation box set from Tangerine Dream released in 1994.
- Tangent Comics, a short-lived imprint of DC Comics
- "The Tangent Universe", the alternate universe in time travel in the cult film Donnie Darko
- Tangent (Stargate SG-1), an episode of the television series Stargate SG-1
- Tangents (film) or Time Chasers, a 1994 science fiction film
- Tangents (collection), a collection of science fiction stories by Greg Bear
- Tangent Animation, is an animation film production company based in Canada
- Tangent, Alberta, a hamlet in Alberta, Canada
- Tangent, Oregon, a city in Linn County, Oregon, United States
- The Tangent Line, part of the Mason-Dixon Line between Delaware and Maryland, United States
- Tangent (club), an international social networking group for women over 45, part of the Round Table family
- Track transition curve, a straight section of road or track in highway and railroad design
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tangent.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.