This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tatiana Bezjak (//; born Tatjana Bezjak; August 3, 1971 in Zagreb Croatia), is a Croatian sculptor and novelist. She has written essays on art and in 2013 published the novel X which among several themes, explores the obstacles a woman navigates in the contemporary art world.
Tatiana Bezjak graduated from the School of Applied Arts and Design. Following this, she also graduated as a sculpture at the Academy of Fine Arts at the University of Zagreb. She lives in Zagreb and works as an independent artist.
Her work follows the centuries long tradition of research and expression of universal human preoccupations and aspirations, thoughts and feelings, instincts and persuasions, in history most commonly passed along as myths and legends, rituals and customs but also recorded as literature and art. Her opus Winged ones explores the archetypes and ancestral legacies of winged humanoid forms (Angel), their stories and symbolism throughout cultures as part of a mosaic of World heritage.
In 2011, ARTslanT awarded her the winner prize for the work Parallel at their 3rd International showcase. Previous winners include artists like Edra Soto, Theresa Ganz, Michael Zelehoski, Holly Murkerson, Robin Kang.
Published by Durieux in 2013 her novel X with themes ranging from love, over symbolism in art and in nature, through the friction a woman artist is often facing in contemporary society. Art critic Nađa Bobičić nevertheless reminds us of the struggle towards the end, at which point the reader is awarded with an ending devoid of naivete, one which is full of optimism, one which reminds us of the cycles of creation and renewal.
In the novel, Tatjana Bezjak is also concerned with the unenviable position of independent artists, especially artists who in this country, with more or less passion, struggle for survival, despite society's ignorance.
- "Tatjana Bezjak Sculpture View: Curriculum Vitae".
- "Tatjana Bezjak Sculpture View: Public Sculptures (1996–2012)".
- "Tatjana Bezjak, artist: wings as a magic act of prolonged action". Oslobođenje. Archived from the original on May 20, 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "2011 Showacse Award Winner". ARTslanT. Archived from the original on May 20, 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "FAQ – ArtSlant Prize Showcase Series – ArtSlant". ArtSlant.
- "Love in the age of Facebook". Booksa.hr.
- ""X" Tatajnae Bezjak". Večernji list. Archived from the original on May 20, 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Signatories of the Declaration on the Common Language, official website, retrieved on 2018-08-16.