12 January 1953|
|Died||1 March 2011
Shebanova was born in Moscow, Russia. She finished the central music school of the Moscow Conservatoire where she studied with Tatiana Kestner. She graduated the Moscow Conservatoire with a gold medal in 1976 after studying under professor Victor Merzhanov. For the next decade she continued working with Victor Merzhanov as assistant lecturer.
After taking a 2nd prize at the 1980 Warsaw International Chopin Competition Shebanova began an international performance career.
Shebanova performed in almost all European countries as well as in the Philippines, Taiwan, Canada, South Africa and the USA. She also appeared more than 100 times in Japan. She performed regularly with her husband Jarosław Drzewiecki, and their son, Stanisław Drzewiecki. She was the first performer of new compositions by Jevgeny Golubev, Yuri Aleksandrov and Boris Bloch.
Shebanova made about 50 recordings, in LP and CD mostly for former eastern block labels such as Melodiya and Polskie Nagrania Muza. She recorded Chopin, Brahms, Rachmaninov, Feinberg, Debussy, Szymanowski and Zarzycki, for labels including RCA Victor, Melodia, Muza, CBS/Sony, EMI, Pony Canyon and Dux.
- Concertino Praha in Prague in 1969 (1st Prize)
- Geneva in 1976 (1st Prize and two special awards - "American" and Ernest Shelling)
- 10th International Frederic Chopin Piano Competition in Warsaw in 1980 (2nd Prize, Chopin Society Award for best polonaise performance, National Philharmonic Award for best piano concerto performance)
- Bösendorfer Empire Grand Prix Competition in Brussels in 1990 (1st Prize and three special awards)
She also took part in the Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow in 1974.
- (in English) "Fryderyk Chopin - Information Centre - Tatiana Shebanova - biographie".
- The Vancouver Chopin Society Newsletter
- The Warsaw Voice - A Minor Maestro
- Classical CD Reviews: Tatiana Shebanova: Chopin's Complete Works for Solo Piano
- Chopin Vol 1 Shebanova DUX0741 [GD]: Classical Music Reviews - August 2010 MusicWeb-International
- Chopin: Complete Solo Piano Works (Tatiana Shebanova) | Classical music review from Classical-Music.com
- 2011 Seattle International Piano Competition Winners, Finalists, and Semi-finalists
- Fanfare Magazine Archive of CD Reviews: performers shebanovatatiana
- Biography at the Polish Music Information Centre (in Polish)