Creek Vean, Pill Lane, Feock, Cornwall
|Key architects||Georgie Wolton|
|Founders||Su Brumwell, Wendy Cheesman, Norman Foster, Richard Rogers and Georgie Wolton|
|Significant works and honors|
|Buildings||Creek Vean, Reliance Controls factory, Jaffe House (Skybreak House), Wates Housing.|
Team 4 was a British architectural firm, established in 1963 by architecture graduates Su Brumwell, Wendy Cheesman, Norman Foster and Richard Rogers. Friction emerged within the firm, and by June 1967, Foster and Rogers, decided to dissolve the firm.
The practice originally included Wendy Cheesman's sister Georgie Wolton (née Cheesman) who, as the only qualified architect of the group, allowed the practice to function. Georgie Cheeseman left after only a few months, leaving the remaining members to try to pass their professional exams while continuing to practice.
One of the first projects for Team 4 was a commission from Su Brumwell’s parents, Marcus and Irene Brumwell, to build a new house in Feock, Cornwall, called Creek Vean. They sold a Piet Mondrian painting bought from the artist in the 1930s, to fund the new house. Marcus Brumwell was the founder of the Design Research Unit. Creek Vean took 3 years to construct and was completed in 1966. It became the first ever house to win a R.I.B.A. Award. Creek Vean is a listed building, having been listed Grade II in 1998, and subsequently upgraded to Grade II*. It is listed as "Creekvean and Attached Entrance Bridge and Walls to Road, Feock".
Team 4 designed Skybreak House in Radlett, Hertfordshire. It was built between 1965 and 1966, and the interior of the house was used in the film A Clockwork Orange. The final project for Team 4 was the Reliance Controls building in Swindon, which was completed in 1967, just before Team 4 dissolved. It was noteworthy as it removed the separation of management and workforce by creating a common entrance and canteen.
- "El talento es importante, pero lo es más la constancia y el esfuerzo". Gonzalo Carazo. Retrieved 2017-09-06.
- "Richard Rogers, Architect (1933-), From the House to the City". Design Museum. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Ian Lambot (Ed.), "Norman Foster: Buildings and Projects Volume 1 1964-1973", Watermark Publications (1991), ISBN 1-873200-01-3. Chapter 1 "Team 4" by Sir Richard Rogers, pp. 14-15
- "Creekvean and Attached Entrance Bridge and Walls to Road, Feock". BritishListedBuildings.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- Miller, Keith (2003-06-28). "Making the grade: Creek Vean". London: The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Skybreak House at the archINFORM database. Retrieved 5 October 2009
- "Clockwork Orange filming locations". GeoCities. Archived from the original on 2009-10-19. Retrieved 2009-10-05.