December 21, 1970 |
Pasadena, California, United States
|Spouse(s)||Sutton Foster (m. 2014)|
|Relatives||Nicholas Griffin (brother)
William A. Seiter (grandfather)
Marian Nixon (grandmother)
Born in Pasadena, California, Griffin graduated from Colgate University in 1993. He was scheduled to make his directorial debut with Rumor Has It..., for which he had written the original screenplay, but was replaced by Rob Reiner 12 days after principal filming began. He did a rewrite on the Ashton Kutcher film Killers. He moved into television by creating Terriers for FX. Griffin played Agent Hughes in The Wolf of Wall Street.
- Ravenous (1999)
- Best Laid Plans (1999)
- Ocean's 11 (2001)
- Matchstick Men (with Nicholas Griffin) (2003)
- Rumor Has It... (2005)
- The Shield (2006) (TV)
- Killers (2010) (with Bob DeRosa)
- Terriers (2011) (TV) (Creator with Shawn Ryan)
- Tower Heist (with Jeff Nathanson) (2011)
- Shoot the Messenger (2012) (also Director)
- The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) (Co-producer)
- Solace (2015)
- Thompson, Anne (August 25, 2004) A Film Studio Fires a Director, Raising Eyebrows in Hollywood. New York Times
- ''Variety'', October 21, 2008. Variety.com (October 21, 2008). Retrieved on 2017-04-16.
- Marian Nixon, Finnish Hollywood Archived April 22, 2012, at the Wayback Machine., 25.brinkster.com
- Miles of Smiles. 1923. Directed by Alfred J. Goulding The Family Secret. 1924. Directed by William A. Seiter. MoMA. Retrieved on April 16, 2017.
- Sutton Foster on Living the L.A. Dream, Sharing the Foster Home Movies & Keeping Her Feet Clean for the Fancy Folk at Cafe Carlyle. Broadway.com. Retrieved on April 16, 2017.
- And in 2017 they have adopted a baby girl On Her Way Down the Aisle: Tony Winner Sutton Foster Marries Fiance Ted Griffin Today! | Broadway Buzz. Broadway.com (October 25, 2014). Retrieved on 2017-04-16.
- Chewin' It With Kevin and Steve. Nerdist.com (November 13, 2013). Retrieved on 2017-04-16.
|This biographical article related to cinema of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|