Theódór Elmar Bjarnason
|Full name||Theodór Elmar Bjarnason|
|Date of birth||4 March 1987|
|Place of birth||Reykjavík, Iceland|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Central midfielder|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 November 2017|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 9 September 2018
Before joining Celtic, Theódór played for KR Reykjavík in Iceland. He also played one season for the reserve team of the Norwegian club IK Start as a 16-year-old, but rejected an offer of a professional contract with them and moved back to Iceland.
Theódór made his domestic debut for Celtic against Hibernian in the last game of season 2006/07 and played the full 90 minutes in a match in which he was named man of the match by the Celtic website. He was also on the bench for the 1-0 win over Dunfermline in the 2007 Scottish Cup Final.
On 21 May 2007, Theódór announced he would put pen to paper on a two-year contract extension with Celtic to tie him to the club until the summer of 2009 and on 13 June, he signed a new three-year contract.
In the start of 2012, Theódór signed a new contract with the Danish side Randers FC. However, he got injured in the start-up and wasn't able to play for six months.
- Elmar Bjarnason rykker til Tyrkiet‚ bold.dk, 18 July 2017
- "Hibernian 2-1 Celtic". BBC Sport. BBC. 20 May 2007. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "Celtic 1-0 Dunfermline". BBC Sport. BBC. 26 May 2007. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "Bjarnason agrees Celtic extension". BBC Sport. 13 June 2007. Retrieved 13 June 2007.
- Teddy Bjarnason moves to Norway Archived 18 January 2008 at the Wayback Machine., Celtic FC, 15 January 2008
- "Theodór Elmar til Gautaborgar". RÚV. 23 July 2009. Archived from the original on 9 August 2011. Retrieved 23 July 2009.
- AGF siger farvel til fem spillere‚ bold.dk, 31 May 2017
- "A karla – Lokahópur fyrir EM 2016" (in Icelandic). Knattspyrnusamband Íslands. 9 May 2016. Retrieved 10 May 2016.