Theódór Elmar Bjarnason
|Full name||Theodór Elmar Bjarnason|
|Date of birth||4 March 1987|
|Place of birth||Reykjavík, Iceland|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Midfielder, Winger|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 November 2015.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 15 January 2017
Before joining Celtic, Theódór played for KR Reykjavík in Iceland. He also played one season for the reserve team of the Norwegian club IK Start as a 16-year-old, but rejected an offer of a professional contract with them and moved back to Iceland.
Theódór made his domestic debut for Celtic against Hibernian in the last game of season 2006/07 and played the full 90 minutes in a match in which he was named man of the match by the Celtic website. He was also on the bench for the 1-0 win over Dunfermline in the 2007 Scottish Cup Final.
On 21 May 2007, Theódór announced he would put pen to paper on a two-year contract extension with Celtic to tie him to the club until the summer of 2009 and on 13 June, he signed a new three-year contract.
In the start of 2012, Theódór signed a new contract with the Danish side Randers FC. However, he got injured in the start-up and wasn't able to play for six months.
In June 2015 he signed a two -year contract with the Danish club AGF.
- "Hibernian 2-1 Celtic". BBC Sport. BBC. 20 May 2007. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "Celtic 1-0 Dunfermline". BBC Sport. BBC. 26 May 2007. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "Bjarnason agrees Celtic extension". BBC Sport. 13 June 2007. Retrieved 13 June 2007.
- Teddy Bjarnason moves to Norway, Celtic FC, 15 January 2008
- "Theodór Elmar til Gautaborgar". RÚV. 23 July 2009. Retrieved 23 July 2009.
- "A karla – Lokahópur fyrir EM 2016" (in Icelandic). Knattspyrnusamband Íslands. 9 May 2016. Retrieved 10 May 2016.