Teen Wolf (season 1)
|Teen Wolf (season 1)|
DVD cover art
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Original release||June 5– August 15, 2011|
The first season of Teen Wolf, an American supernatural drama, was developed by Jeff Davis based upon the 1985 film of the same name, premiered on June 5, 2011 and concluded on August 15, 2011 on the MTV network. The season featured 12 episodes.
Protagonist, Scott McCall (Tyler Posey), is an average teenager suffering from asthma and living with his single mother in Beacon Hills. One night, he and his best friend Stiles Stilinski (Dylan O'Brien), the son of the local sheriff, Sheriff Stilinski (Linden Ashby), learn about half a corpse found by police in the woods. The two set out to find the other half, but Scott is attacked and bitten by a werewolf. With his new-found lycanthropy, Scott gains supernatural abilities, such as enhanced speed and heightened senses, enabling him to excel as the captain of his Beacon Hills High School lacrosse team. He gains respect from popular girl, Lydia Martin (Holland Roden) and the envy of her lacrosse-playing boyfriend Jackson Whittemore (Colton Haynes). Scott also develops a romantic relationship with school newcomer, Allison Argent (Crystal Reed); however, he discovers her father Chris Argent (JR Bourne) is a werewolf hunter.
Scott and Stiles meet Beta werewolf Derek Hale (Tyler Hoechlin), whose family perished in flames during a mysterious house fire 6 years ago. They uncover the second half of the missing corpse and discover it is Derek's sister, Laura Hale. He learns the Alpha werewolf, the most powerful of all wolves, is on a murdering spree and was responsible for biting him. Realizing the consequences and dangers of his new life, he is forced to protect his peers and loved ones, including his girlfriend Allison, who does not know she belongs to a family of werewolf hunters.
Allison's cruel werewolf-hunter aunt, Kate Argent (Jill Wagner), arrives into town. Derek suspects Scott's mysterious veterinarian boss, Dr. Alan Deaton (Seth Gilliam) is the werewolf Alpha, but after it is confirmed that he is not, Alan concedes he is aware of the supernatural world and becomes Scott's ally. Jackson learns Scott is a werewolf and devises a plan to become a werewolf himself to rival Scott's success at lacrosse. The identity of the werewolf Alpha is uncovered to be Derek's uncle, Peter Hale (Ian Bohen), who was the only survivor of the fire. Kate reveals to Derek that it was she who started the fire, and she also reveals the existence of werewolves to Allison.
Chris finds out that Scott is a werewolf, but realizes he is innocent. Peter bites Lydia, who goes unconscious, and it later turns out that she is mysteriously immune to the bite. Allison discovers that Scott is a werewolf, but this does not change her romantic feelings about him. Scott finds out that Peter had killed Laura to become an Alpha werewolf. Allison sees that Kate is actually cruel and remorseless, and Peter gains revenge for the fire by finally killing Kate. However, Derek kills Peter, and becomes the new Alpha werewolf. At the end, Jackson demands Derek to bite him and Derek complies.
- Tyler Posey as Scott McCall
- Crystal Reed as Allison Argent
- Dylan O'Brien as Stiles Stilinski
- Tyler Hoechlin as Derek Hale
- Holland Roden as Lydia Martin
- Colton Haynes as Jackson Whittemore
- Linden Ashby as Sheriff Stilinski
- JR Bourne as Chris Argent
- Jill Wagner as Kate Argent
- Melissa Ponzio as Melissa McCall
- Keahu Kahuanui as Danny Mahealani
- Orny Adams as Bobby Finstock
- Seth Gilliam as Dr. Deaton
- Ian Bohen as Peter Hale
- Eaddy Mays as Victoria Argent
- Adam Fristoe as Adrian R. Harris
- Haley Roe Murphy as Laura Hale
- Jamila Thompson as Harley
- Michael Dane as Leveque
- Susan Walters as Natalie Martin
- Desiree Hall as Jennifer (Peter's nurse)
- Jonathan Kleitman as Unger
- Hajji Golightly as Reddick
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|1||1||"Wolf Moon"||Russell Mulcahy||Story by : Jeff Davis, Jeph Loeb & Matthew Weisman
Teleplay by : Jeph Loeb & Matthew Weisman
|June 5, 2011||2.17|
|Everything in Scott McCall's life is starting to fall into place. He gets a spot on the First Line of his Lacrosse team and a date with the woman of his dreams. When he gets bitten by a werewolf, the people around him could be in danger.|
|2||2||"Second Chance at First Line"||Russell Mulcahy||Jeff Davis||June 6, 2011||1.47|
|Scott and Stiles discover that the werewolf curse can also be triggered by anger, besides the full moon. With the lacrosse game coming up, Jackson and his girlfriend, Lydia, hope to humiliate Scott. Will Scott be able to control his rage?|
|3||3||"Pack Mentality"||Russell Mulcahy||Jeff Vlaming||June 13, 2011||1.82|
|Scott is shaken when his vivid dream of a mauling aboard a school bus turns out to have actually happened. Scott turns to Derek for help, but Derek warns him that his help will not be free. Meanwhile, Scott's long awaited date with Allison turns into a group date. Scott gets bowling help from Allison.|
|4||4||"Magic Bullet"||Toby Wilkins||Daniel Sinclair||June 20, 2011||1.80|
|Allison's aunt comes to town and shoots a shadowy werewolf figure with a special bullet that she estimates will kill it within 48 hours. Derek is the one hit and insists that Scott and Stiles help him.|
|5||5||"The Tell"||Toby Wilkins||Monica Macer||June 27, 2011||1.68|
|Lydia and Jackson witness a werewolf attack at the video store. Stiles is worried for his father, the sheriff. Allison's aunt gives Allison a family heirloom and encourages her to use it to learn more about the family history. Scott and Allison play hooky on her birthday. Derek confronts Jackson about what he saw the night before. Derek gets a surprise visit. At the parent teacher conference, Scott's mom and Allison's father find out they both skipped school that day. After the parent teacher conference, someone pulls a gun and uses it.|
|6||6||"Heart Monitor"||Toby Wilkins||Daniel Sinclair||July 4, 2011||1.21|
|Scott and Stiles are on the outs after Stiles' dad gets hurt, but when Derek insists that Scott avoid Allison, Scott turns to Stiles to help him master his anger with the help of a heart monitor. Meanwhile, Jackson is feeling the effects of having been scratched and approaches Allison claiming to want to get to know her and Scott better.|
|7||7||"Night School"||Tim Andrew||Jeff Vlaming||July 11, 2011||1.66|
|Responding to Scott's howl, the alpha savages Derek and traps Scott and Stiles in their high school. Events escalate even further when Allison, Jackson and Lydia are lured to the school as well with a phony text message.|
|8||8||"Lunatic"||Tim Andrew||Monica Macer||July 18, 2011||1.76|
|As Scott's second full moon approaches, he gives in to his animal urges and hurts Stiles, but Stiles gets a measure of revenge in locking him up. Meanwhile, Jackson continues to try to get closer to Allison. The Argents learn that Scott somehow knew Derek.|
|9||9||"Wolf's Bane"||Tim Andrew||Jonathon Roessler||July 25, 2011||1.93|
|Jackson discovers that he has aconite poisoning and thinks he has figured out what is up with Scott. Meanwhile, Derek hides from the manhunt in Stiles' room while Stiles and Scott try to get Allison's necklace and any clues that may lead to the identity of the alpha. Teammate Danny lends Stiles his internet expertise to help in the search.|
|10||10||"Co-Captain"||Russell Mulcahy||Jeff Vlaming||August 1, 2011||1.49|
|The Alpha finally reveals himself to Scott and gives him an idea of why he has killed certain people. Argent stages an encounter thinking that Jackson may be a werewolf. Meanwhile, Allison discovers a bit more about her family's secrets and confronts Lydia about her kissing Scott.|
|11||11||"Formality"||Russell Mulcahy||Monica Macer||August 8, 2011||1.74|
|Kate Argent has Derek chained up in a basement following her attack on his house and shows him off to Allison before torturing him. The coach has banned Scott from the Spring Formal in exchange for not dropping him from the team for academic reasons. Scott intimidates Jackson into escorting Allison to the dance, and she asks Lydia to escort Stiles.|
|12||12||"Code Breaker"||Russell Mulcahy||Jeff Davis||August 15, 2011||2.08|
|After Allison sees her father, Chris Argent, fail in his attempt to run Scott down with his car, Chris Argent decides to send Allison and his sister Kate to Washington. Stiles convinces Peter Hale, who is the alpha werewolf, to spare Lydia's life after he bites her. Peter Hale agrees to Stiles' request, but in return Stiles must help him locate Derek. Meanwhile, Jackson is called to get Lydia to the hospital. Scott must cope with the girl he loves knowing his secret.|
Awards and nominations
|2011 Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Fantasy/Sci-Fi||Teen Wolf||Nominated|
|Choice Summer TV Show||Nominated|
|Choice TV Actress – Fantasy/Sci-Fi||Crystal Reed||Nominated|
|Choice Summer TV Star – Female||Nominated|
|Breakout Star||Tyler Posey||Nominated|
|Choice Summer TV Star – Male||Nominated|
Season 1 was released on DVD in the United States on May 22, 2012, which is 12 days before the premiere of season 2 on June 3, 2012.
- "MTV Builds Slate of Scripted Programming with 2011 Premieres of Original Series "Teen Wolf" and "Skins"". The Futon Critic. August 6, 2010. Retrieved November 25, 2010.
- Gorman, Bill (June 7, 2011). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'MTV Movie Awards' Leads Night, 'Game of Thrones' Series High, 'Real Housewives,' 'ABDC' & Lots More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (June 7, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Tops Night; Plus 'WWE Raw,' 'Secret Life,' NHL Stanley Cup Finals, 'American Pickers' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (June 14, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Keeps Growing; Plus 'WWE Raw,' 'Secret Life,' 'Real Housewives,' 'American Pickers' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 15, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (June 21, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE Raw,' 'Secret Life,' 'Switched at Birth,' 'Teen Wolf,' 'Sanctuary' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 21, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (June 28, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE Raw,' 'Secret Life,' 'Switched at Birth,' 'Single Ladies,' 'Teen Wolf' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 29, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (July 6, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE Raw,' 'Switched at Birth,' Joey Chestnut, 'Single Ladies,' 'Teen Wolf' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 7, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (July 12, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: "All-Star" Softball Edges Out 'Pawn Stars,' 'Home Run Derby' + 'Closer,' 'Rizzoli,' 'Alphas,' 'Eureka' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (July 19, 2011). "Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars,' 'American Pickers' Top Night + 'Eureka' 'Rizzoli,' 'Alphas,' 'Teen Wolf' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 19, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (July 26, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Rules + 'WWE RAW,' 'American Pickers,' 'Basketball Wives,' 'Switched at Birth,' 'Warehouse 13,' 'Rizzoli,' 'Alphas,' 'Teen Wolf' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 26, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (August 2, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' on Top + 'WWE RAW,' 'American Pickers,' 'Basketball Wives,' 'Switched at Birth,' 'Warehouse 13,' 'Rizzoli,' 'Alphas,' 'Eureka' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 2, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (August 9, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars,' 'American Pickers,' 'WWE RAW' Top Night + 'Closer,' 'Rizzoli,' 'Switched At Birth,' 'Eureka' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 10, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (August 16, 2011). "Updated Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars,' Jets-Texans, 'WWE RAW' Top Night + 'Closer,' 'Rizzoli,' 'Warehouse 13' & Much More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 16, 2011.
- Clarissa (August 7, 2011). "Teen Choice Awards 2011 Winners". TV Over Mind. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- Amazon Page, Teen Wolf (May 22, 2012). "Teen Wolf: Season 1". Teen Wolf. Retrieved June 30, 2015.