Haynes at 2015 PaleyFest
|Born||Colton Lee Haynes
July 13, 1988
Andale, Kansas, United States
|Occupation||Actor, model, musician|
Colton Lee Haynes (born July 13, 1988) is an American actor and model. He is best known for his role as Jackson Whittemore in MTV's supernatural drama series Teen Wolf and as Roy Harper/Arsenal in the superhero television series Arrow.
Colton Lee Haynes was born on July 13, 1988, in Andale, Kansas, the son of Dana Denise (Mitchell) and William Clayton Haynes. He has described his parents as "free-spirited hippies". Haynes has five siblings, including brothers Clinton and Joshua, and a sister Willow. Haynes grew up on a farm in Andale, and has also lived in Arkansas, New Mexico, Texas, and Florida. He attended Navarre High School (Florida), Andale High School (Kansas) and graduated from Samuel Clemens High School in Schertz, Texas.
Haynes began his career as a model at the age of fifteen in New York City, New York. Haynes first began his success after appearing in a Bruce Weber photoshoot for Abercrombie & Fitch. Afterward, Haynes began modeling in campaigns for Kira Plastinina, J. C. Penney, and Ralph Lauren. In 2008, Haynes continued modeling in campaigns such as Verizon and also appeared in numerous magazine editorials such as Teen Vogue and Arena.
He made an uncredited appearance in the 2007 blockbuster Transformers. He also appeared on CSI: Miami and The Hills. In addition to guest roles, in April 2007 Haynes acted in My Chemical Romance's music video for their single "I Don't Love You", directed by Marc Webb. Later that year, Haynes auditioned for the role of Edward Cullen in the film version of Stephenie Meyer's young adult novel, Twilight. Robert Pattinson was cast instead.
In 2008, he appeared on the television series, Privileged and Pushing Daisies. He played Scott Holland in the Hallmark Channel film, Always and Forever. Filming began in December 2008, and the film was released to television on October 24, 2009.
It was announced in 2009 that Haynes had won the role of Shane in the Showtime series Look, based on the 2007 film of the same name. "I play a 17-year-old asshole. The show is very racy with lots of nudity, sex, drugs and real life experiences that will shock audiences," Haynes said in an interview. The show premiered in 2010 and was cancelled after its first season. In March 2010, filming began for the ABC television series, The Gates, in which Haynes portrays Brett Crezski, a jock who begins to turn into a werewolf. The series premiered on June 20, 2010. The show was short-lived and was cancelled after its first season. Afterwards he landed the role of Jackson Whittemore in the MTV series, Teen Wolf, based on the 1985 film of the same name.
On October 11, 2012, Haynes tweeted, "These past few years have been the best of my life. I'm sad that this chapter has ended, but excited for a new one to begin. Thx for the love," leaving fans of Teen Wolf confused. The next day it was announced that he would be leaving the show. He was a recurring member on the hit CW show Arrow, playing Roy Harper, a street thug who idolizes the Arrow and later becomes his protegé, Arsenal. Haynes was upgraded to series regular status on Arrow for season two. Haynes left the series at the end of season three.
In July 2013, he starred in Victoria Justice's music video "Gold". In December 2014, he also made a cameo appearance in Andy Grammer's music video, Honey, I'm Good. That same year, he released some snippets to various covers of songs he had done. Colton started to further his career by singing, something he has loved to do since he was little. In November, he covered a song called "19 You+Me" with New Heights. In December 2013, he released a single with fellow singer Travis-Atreo called "Baby It's Christmas".
In 2014, Haynes made a return to his roots by participating in Abercrombie & Fitch's "Making of a Star" campaign. As a result, photography of Haynes shot by iconic photographer Bruce Weber was featured in A&F stores worldwide.
Haynes' first credited feature film role was in the 2015 film San Andreas.
|2011||Charlie Brown: Blockhead's Revenge||Linus van Pelt||Short film|
|2015||San Andreas||Joby O'Leary|
|2007||CSI: Miami||Brandon Fox||Episode: "Bang, Bang, Your Debt"|
|2008||Privileged||Alexander||Episode: "All About Friends and Family"|
|2008||Pushing Daisies||Ares Kostopolous||Episode: "Frescorts"|
|2009||Always and Forever||Scott Holland||Television film|
|2009||Melrose Place||Jessie Roberts||Episode: "Gower"|
|2010||Gates, TheThe Gates||Brett Crezski||Main cast; 11 episodes|
|2010||Look: The Series||Shane||Main cast; 11 episodes|
|2011–12||Teen Wolf||Jackson Whittemore||Main cast; 24 episodes|
|2011||Nine Lives of Chloe King, TheThe Nine Lives of Chloe King||Kai||Episode: "Dogs of War"|
|2013–present||Arrow||Roy Harper / Arsenal||53 Episodes;
Recurring cast (Season 1)
Main cast (Seasons 2–3)
Special Guest Star (Season 4)
|2007||"I Don't Love You"||My Chemical Romance||Guest Star|
|2012||"Trouble"||Leona Lewis||Love Interest|
|2013||"Gold"||Victoria Justice||Guest Star|
|2014||"Honey, I'm Good."||Andy Grammer||Guest Star|
- Flaunt Magazine | People: Colton Haynes
- Wichita Eagle: Search Results
- Colton Haynes
- ARROW: Colton Haynes on Roy Harper’s Evolution, His Desire to be on ELLEN, and More | Give Me My Remote
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Teen Wolf's Colton Haynes - Us Weekly
- "Colton Haynes - pictures, picture, pics, images, gallery, info, bio, gossip". Mostbeautifulman.com. Retrieved 2010-12-13.
- What Does This Hot Guy Have to Do With Robert Pattinson? | E! Online UK
- Colton Haynes | Teen Wolf | MTV
- "Bruno Rand". Ohlala Mag. Retrieved 2010-12-13.
- "ABC Announces 2010 Summer Schedule" (Press release). ABC Television Network. April 7, 2010. Archived from the original on April 5, 2012. Retrieved April 26, 2010.
- "Teen Wolf‘s Colton Haynes: 2 Years After Those Man-On-Man Kissing Photos / Queerty". Queerty.com. 2013-03-23. Retrieved 2013-07-14.
- No Jackson for Teen Wolf Season 3. Retrieved 2012-11-12.
- Lesley Goldberg. "Has 'Arrow' Found its Speedy in 'Teen Wolf's' Colton Haynes?". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Goldberg, Lesley (March 13, 2013). "'Arrow' Promotes Colton Haynes to Series Regular for Season 2". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- Abrams, Natalie (April 15, 2015). "Arrow twist: Scoop on the big exit". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- 'Teen Wolf's' Colton Haynes lands Leona Lewis video role: See pics from the set! - Zap2it | News & Features
- Victoria Justice Aims To Win Colton Haynes’ Love In ‘Gold’ Video - MTV
- Colton Haynes Is a Singer! Watch the Arrow Star Cover 19 You + Me With New Heights | E! Online UK
- iTunes - Music - Baby It's Christmas - Single by Colton Haynes & Travis-Atreo
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Colton Haynes.|