Haynes at 2015 PaleyFest
Colton Lee Haynes|
July 13, 1988
Andale, Kansas, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, model, singer|
(m. 2017; div. 2018)
Colton Lee Haynes (born July 13, 1988) is an American actor, model and singer. He is known for his starring role as Jackson Whittemore in the MTV supernatural drama series Teen Wolf and as Roy Harper / Arsenal in the CW superhero television series Arrow.
Colton Lee Haynes was born in Andale, Kansas, the son of Dana Denise Mitchell and William Clayton Haynes. He has described his parents as "free-spirited hippies." Haynes has five siblings, including brothers Clinton and Joshua, and a sister, Willow. He grew up on a farm in Andale and has also lived in Arkansas, New Mexico, Texas and Florida. He attended Navarre High School in Florida, Andale High School in Kansas and graduated from Samuel Clemens High School in Schertz, Texas.
Haynes began his career as a model at the age of fifteen in New York City, New York. He subsequently appeared in a Bruce Weber photo shoot for Abercrombie & Fitch. Afterward, Haynes began modeling in campaigns for Kira Plastinina, J. C. Penney, and Ralph Lauren. In 2008, Haynes continued modeling in campaigns such as Verizon and also appeared in numerous magazine editorials such as Teen Vogue and Arena.
He made an uncredited appearance in the 2007 blockbuster Transformers. He also appeared on CSI: Miami and The Hills. In addition to guest roles, in April 2007, Haynes acted in My Chemical Romance's music video for their single "I Don't Love You", directed by Marc Webb. Later that year, Haynes auditioned for the role of Edward Cullen in the film version of Stephenie Meyer's young adult novel Twilight, but Robert Pattinson was cast instead.
In 2008, he appeared on the television series Privileged and Pushing Daisies. He played Scott Holland in the Hallmark Channel film Always and Forever. Filming began in December 2008, and the film was released to television on October 24, 2009. It was announced in 2009 that Haynes had won the role of Shane in the Showtime series Look, based on the 2007 film of the same name. "I play a 17-year-old asshole. The show is very racy with lots of nudity, sex, drugs and real-life experiences that will shock audiences," Haynes said in an interview. The show premiered in 2010 and was cancelled after its first season. In March 2010, filming began for the ABC television series The Gates, in which Haynes portrays Brett Crezski, a jock who begins to turn into a werewolf. The series premiered on June 20, 2010. The show was short-lived and was cancelled after its first season.
Haynes landed the role of Jackson Whittemore in the 2011 MTV series Teen Wolf, based on the 1985 film of the same name. In October 2012, Haynes revealed he was leaving the show after two seasons, stating "I'm sad that this chapter has ended, but excited for a new one to begin." Beginning in 2012, he was a recurring member on The CW's Arrow, playing Roy Harper, a street thug who idolizes the Arrow and later becomes his protegé, Arsenal. Haynes was upgraded to series regular status on Arrow for season two. Haynes left the series at the end of season three, but made a guest appearance in the season four episode "Unchained".
In September 2012, he appeared in Leona Lewis's music video "Trouble", playing the part of her boyfriend. In July 2013, he starred in Victoria Justice's music video "Gold". Haynes began foraying further into the music industry that same year by covering a song, "19 You+Me", with New Heights, before releasing a single with Travis-Atreo called "Baby It's Christmas". In December 2014, he also made a cameo appearance in Andy Grammer's music video "Honey, I'm Good."
In 2014, Haynes returned to his modeling roots by participating in Abercrombie & Fitch's "Making of a Star" campaign.
Haynes' first credited feature film role was in the 2015 film San Andreas. He followed San Andreas with a role in the comedy Rough Night, released in mid-2017. Haynes will feature in the 2018 film Bigger as Jack LaLanne, reuniting with Teen Wolf co-star Tyler Hoechlin. In June 2017, Haynes joined the cast of American Horror Story: Cult. Later that year, Haynes rejoined Arrow, reprising his role as Roy Harper in the sixth season of the show in a guest capacity. In April 2018, it was announced that Haynes had signed to return as a series regular on the seventh season of Arrow.
Haynes has struggled with anxiety all his life; in January 2016, after years of public speculation concerning his "secret gay past," an off-the-cuff response he made on Tumblr regarding a comment on photos that appeared in gay lifestyle magazine XY a decade before was taken by many media outlets as confirmation of his coming out. Not yet ready to speak openly about his sexual orientation, the renewed attention led Haynes to seek treatment for his anxiety for the next three months. He later publicly came out as gay in an interview in Entertainment Weekly in May 2016.
Haynes and celebrity florist Jeff Leatham became engaged on March 11, 2017. They were married on October 27, 2017. In November 2017, Haynes was nominated to Out magazine's "OUT100" for 2017 in recognition of his coming out, his "self-actualization" and his work. In April 2018, Haynes filed for divorce after a six-month marriage to Leatham.
|2011||Yearbook||Carl Mccormick||Short film|
|2011||Charlie Brown: Blockhead's Revenge||Linus van Pelt||Short film|
|2015||San Andreas||Joby O'Leary|
|2017||Grannie||Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks||Short film|
|2007||CSI: Miami||Brandon Fox||Episode: "Bang, Bang, Your Debt"|
|2008||Privileged||Alexander||Episode: "All About Friends and Family"|
|2008||Pushing Daisies||Ares Kostopolous||Episode: "Frescorts"|
|2009||Always and Forever||Scott Holland||Television film|
|2009||Melrose Place||Jessie Roberts||Episode: "Gower"|
|2010||The Gates||Brett Crezski||Main role|
|2010||Look: The Series||Shane||Main role|
|2011–2012, 2017||Teen Wolf||Jackson Whittemore||Main role (seasons 1–2), guest role (season 6)|
|2011||The Nine Lives of Chloe King||Kai||Episode: "Dogs of War"|
|2013–2016, 2018||Arrow||Roy Harper/Arsenal||Recurring role (season 1), main role (seasons 2–3 and 7), guest role (seasons 4 and 6)|
|2016||The Grinder||Luke Grinder||Guest role; 2 episodes|
|2016||Scream Queens||Tyler||Guest role; 2 episodes|
|2017||American Horror Story: Cult||Detective Jack Samuels||Recurring role; 6 episodes|
|2016||Marvel Avengers Academy||Thor (voice)|
|2007||"I Don't Love You"||My Chemical Romance||Guest Star|
|2012||"Trouble"||Leona Lewis||Love Interest|
|2013||"Gold"||Victoria Justice||Guest Star|
|2014||"Honey, I'm Good."||Andy Grammer||Guest Star|
- Colton Haynes Is a Singer! Watch the Arrow Star Cover "19 You + Me" With New Heights Peter Gicas. E! News. November 4, 2013. Retrieved September 11, 2017
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Honor of George Michael Isis Briones. Teen Vogue. February 24, 2017. Retrieved September 11, 2017
- Colton Haynes Sings, Is Officially The Most Perfect Human Ever Matt Bellassai. Buzzfeed. November 6, 2013. Retrieved September 11, 2017
- Colton Haynes Sings Original Holiday Tune, 'Baby, It's Christmas Instinct Magazine. December 4, 2014. Retrieved September 11, 2017
- Flaunt Magazine | People: Colton Haynes
- Wichita Eagle: Search Results
- Colton Haynes
- ARROW: Colton Haynes on Roy Harper's Evolution, His Desire to be on ELLEN, and More | Give Me My Remote
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Teen Wolf's Colton Haynes – Us Weekly
- "Colton Haynes – pictures, picture, pics, images, gallery, info, bio, gossip". Mostbeautifulman.com. Retrieved December 13, 2010.
- "Colton Haynes". Us Weekly. Retrieved April 6, 2018.
- What Does This Hot Guy Have to Do With Robert Pattinson? | E! Online UK
- Colton Haynes | Teen Wolf | MTV
- "Colton Haynes by Bruno Rand". Ohlala Mag. June 8, 2009. Retrieved May 6, 2016.
- "ABC Announces 2010 Summer Schedule" (Press release). ABC Television Network. April 7, 2010. Archived from the original on April 5, 2012. Retrieved April 26, 2010.
- "Teen Wolf's Colton Haynes: 2 Years After Those Man-On-Man Kissing Photos / Queerty". Queerty.com. March 23, 2013. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- No Jackson for Teen Wolf Season 3. Retrieved November 12, 2012.
- Lesley Goldberg. "Has 'Arrow' Found its Speedy in 'Teen Wolf's' Colton Haynes?". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Goldberg, Lesley (March 13, 2013). "'Arrow' Promotes Colton Haynes to Series Regular for Season 2". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- Abrams, Natalie (April 15, 2015). "Arrow twist: Scoop on the big exit". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- Vlada Gelman (November 20, 2015). "Arrow: Colton Haynes to Return as Roy". Retrieved May 25, 2017.
- Johnson, Zach (September 5, 2012). "Colton Haynes Kisses a Seal, Swims With a Dolphin". Us Magazine. Retrieved April 8, 2018.
- "Victoria Justice 'Gold' Music Video, Featuring Colton Haynes (WATCH)". The Huffington Post. July 13, 2013. Retrieved April 8, 2018.
- Gicas, Peter (November 14, 2013). "Colton Haynes Is a Singer! Watch the Arrow Star Cover "19 You + Me" With New Heights". E!. Retrieved April 8, 2018.
- "Baby It's Christmas". iTunes. December 18, 2013. Retrieved April 8, 2018.
- Borrensen, Kelsey (December 11, 2014). "Andy Grammer's 'Honey, I'm Good' Video Reminds Us How Awesome Love Can Be". Huffington Post. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- Ossad, Jordana (January 31, 2014). "Colton Haynes, Steven R. McQueen and More Celebs Star in New Abercrombie & Fitch Campaign". E!. Retrieved April 8, 2018.
- "Colton Haynes on the New Film: San Andreas". GQ Australia. May 26, 2015. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
- Chang, Justin (June 14, 2017). "'Rough Night' movie review by Justin Chang". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (September 28, 2017). "'Bigger' Bodybuilding Pic Gains Victoria Justice & Colton Haynes". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
- Goldberg, Lesley (June 20, 2017). "'American Horror Story' Enlists Colton Haynes for Season 7". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- Bryant, Jacob (December 13, 2017). "Colton Haynes Books Return to 'Arrow'". Variety. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
- Abrams, Natalie. "Arrow: Colton Haynes returning as series regular for season 7". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- Garner, Glenn (January 2, 2016). "Colton Haynes may have come out in a pretty chill way". Out. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- Snetiker, Mark (May 5, 2016). "Colton Haynes gets honest about life after Arrow". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved May 5, 2016.
- "Colton Haynes gushes over new boyfriend Jeff Leatham with cute selfie". MTV UK. February 20, 2017. Retrieved February 20, 2017.[permanent dead link]
- Haynes, Colton [@ColtonLHaynes] (March 12, 2017). "I SAID YES!!! 💍💥❤️ @jeffleatham www.instagram.com/p/BRjCXv5jdH-/" (Tweet). Retrieved March 12, 2017 – via Twitter.
- Gomez, Patrick (October 27, 2017). "Colton Haynes & Jeff Leatham are Married — and Kris Jenner officiated their star-studded ceremony!". People. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
- "Instagram post by Colton Haynes". Instagram. October 29, 2017. Retrieved October 29, 2017.
- "OUT100: Colton Haynes, Actor". Out. November 8, 2017. Retrieved November 9, 2017.
- Mann, Sebastian (May 9, 2018). "Colton Haynes divorce: Actor splits from husband Jeff Leatham after just six months". PinkNews. Retrieved May 9, 2018.
- Highfill, Samantha (July 10, 2017). "Teen Wolf trailer: Dylan O'Brien, Tyler Hoechlin, more return for final season". ew.com. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
- Eric Goldman (February 4, 2016). "Marvel Avengers Academy Launches with an All-Star Cast". IGN. Retrieved February 28, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Colton Haynes.|