|Type of business||Private|
|Headquarters||Marina del Rey, United States|
|Key people||Aled Miles CEO, Charles McColgan, CTO, Ryan Disraeli (Co-founder), Stacy Stubblefield (Co-founder), Darren Berkovitz (co-founder)|
|Industry||Communications Platform as a Service|
TeleSign Corporation is a Communications Platform as a Service company, founded on security, based in Los Angeles, California. Founded in 2005 by Darren Berkovitz, Ryan Disraeli and Stacy Stubblefield, the company mainly provides Two-factor authentication services, a secure supplementary method of preventing illicit access to online accounts used by many companies like iTunes, Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook, Twitter, Facebook, Bank of America, Chase, Discover, PayPal, Etsy, and more. The company also offers a variety of cloud communications APIs via a self-service portal. Aled Miles is the current CEO of the company.
TeleSign offers cloud-based APIs and SDKs that help prevent registration fraud, reduce the risk of account takeover and securely authenticate end-users across their account lifecycle. Its PhoneID Score service analyzes phone data such as phone number, device model number, telecom operator and type of SIM connection and result a score between 0 and 1000, with 0 best and 1000 worst.
- Winther, Mark. "IDC: TeleSign Poised for Market Leadership in CPaaS". IDC. IDC. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- J. J. Colao (29 April 2014). "With Another $40 Million In Funding, TeleSign Looks To Dominate 2-Step Verification". Forbes. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- Ira Wilkser (8 October 2015). "Secure your online accounts with two factor authentication". The Examiner. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- Carter, Eric. "TeleSign Opens Self-Service Portal for its CPaaS APIs". ProgrammableWeb. ProgrammableWeb. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- BusinessWire (17 August 2016). "TeleSign Board Appoints Security and Identity Veteran Aled Miles as CEO". BusinessWire. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- Kashmir Hill (13 November 2013). "Your Phone Number Is Going To Get A Reputation Score". Forbes. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- Liam Tung (7 July 2014). "Why Telstra is backing TeleSign". The Age. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- Jim Edwards (18 November 2013). "This Company Ranks Your Phone Number's 'Reputation' - And Might Block You If It's Lousy". Business Insider. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
|This Internet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|