Temple Gardens Mineral Spa Resort
|Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa|
|Location||Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada|
|Number of rooms||179|
|Number of restaurants||2|
The Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa (formerly Temple Gardens Mineral Spa) is a 4 star (Canada Select Rating), hotel located in downtown Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada. The resort features a roof top indoor/outdoor mineral pools, and is connected to Casino Moose Jaw. In 1910, drillers looking for oil hit the hot springs that service the hotel, remains of an ancient seabed. The waters originate from an ancient sea beds 1,350 metres (4,430 ft) below the surface, then travels under its own pressure to the spa from the well located about 400 metres (1,300 ft) away.
The hotel was named after the historic Temple Gardens Dance Hall, one block north. The hotel was originally built with 69 rooms, indoor/outdoor pools, spa and banquet facilities at a cost of $9 Million Canadian, with a mixture of private and government investment. The hotel was later expanded to 179 room. In 2006 the hotel was purchased by Temple REIT, led by (Arni Thorsteinson), for $21 Million Canadian.
- Soak up Canadian history in Saskatchewan We visit a modest, plain-spoken province that contains gems of Canadiana CANWEST NEWS SERVICE
- "TEMPLE GARDENS". Encyclopedia of Saskatchewan University of Regina. Retrieved 2012-06-18.
- Provincial Government Press Release - MOOSE JAW'S TEMPLE GARDENS MINERAL SPA OPENS MAY 31, 1996
- Fact Sheet
- Hotel is a TREIT for city financier Winnipeg Free Press Aug. 16 2006
- Soak up Canadian history in Saskatchewan Calgary Herald Soak up Canadian history in Saskatchewan