Terry Brown (football chairman)
Brown arriving at Upton Park August 2010
|Occupation||Honorary Life President, West Ham United|
During his time as chairman of West Ham he was often portrayed as someone unpopular with West Ham fans. There were campaigns to remove him from his chairmanship and allegations of financial incompetence, by West Ham directors, during his chairmanship. His tenure as chairman ended in November 2006 with the sale of the club to an Icelandic consortium with businessman Eggert Magnússon as its chairman. Brown made £33.4m from the sale of his 7,392,000 shares in West Ham as part of this deal.
In his final full season as chairman he received £1,016,847 comprising salary of £490,800, bonus of £310,000, benefits in kind £13,807, and pension payments of £202,240.
On 13 August 2010, it was announced that Brown had acquired a small amount of shares from West Ham United's holding company WH Holding in conjunction with John Harris CBE and his son Daniel, known for building up the publicly listed Alba Group. Combined, their initial investment was £4,000,000. Brown is not on the West Ham board but is honorary life president.
- "Israeli to back West Ham bid". www.telegraph.co.uk. 9 September 2006. Retrieved 17 November 2010.
- "Who IS Terence Brown?". BBCsport. 3 December 2002. Retrieved 17 November 2010.
- "Brown seeks to gag fans' group". www.thisislondon.co.uk. 6 May 2004. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "West Ham accept £85m takeover bid". BBC News. 21 November 2006. Retrieved 1 January 2010.
- Conn, David (22 November 2006). "Brown cashes in on overseas gold rush". The Guardian. Retrieved 1 January 2010.
- West Ham accounts 2006 p27
- "Further funds raised | News | Latest News | News | West Ham United". Whufc.com. Retrieved 2010-08-13.
- "Who's who | Staff | The Club | West Ham United". Whufc.com. Retrieved 2010-08-18.
- Dyer, Ken (5 August 1999). "Chairman just a fan on the quiet". The Evening Standard. London. Retrieved 1 January 2010. (Registration required.)
- Belton, Brian (2007). BROWN OUT: The Biography of West Ham Chairman, Terence Brown. London: Pennant Publishing. ISBN 978-1-906015-11-4.
|This biographical article related to English football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|