|Privately held company|
Number of locations
|Products||SmartUE1, SmartU32, D-lam tool, LineSizing, OMA|
|Services||NDT Inspection, Training, Examination, Consulting, Level 3|
|Revenue||27 000 000 € (2017 )|
Number of employees
After several partnerships with industrial players and research centers, the company became the internal and external provider for inspection, training, consulting, engineering, periodic verification, fluids testing, Go/No-Go tools, multi-purpose equipment, augmented reality, drones, and remote assistance. These activities are leveraging the different techniques of NDT like ultrasound, radiography, tomography, penetrant, infrared thermography, magnetization, shearography or Eddy current that allow the detection and assessment of a defect on metallic or composite materials (CFRP, ALM, HRD).
In 2018, the company had 250 employees across 7 countries: France, UK, Spain, Germany, Canada, Singapore and Mexico. According to the NDT market growth, the company is planning on opening in China and Middle-East in 2019.
In 1991, Airbus (Aerospatiale at that time) created Testia from its R&D department in order to keep up with the NDT technologies and ensure aircraft quality.
Across the following years, the company developed in being as well an external provider for NDT services and products. This led to the creation of several Testia sites in France, Mexico (2011), UK (2013), Germany (2013), Spain (2013), Singapore (2014) and Canada (2018).
In 2016 Testia was recognized for the launch of several products, like its NDT tool for A350XWB composite, the Augmented Reality to Spirit AeroSystems and its contribution to Airbus 'Hangar of the Future".
As of April 2018, Testia is the launching partner of Airbus Advanced Inspection Drone.
- "TESTIA, an Airbus company - NDT provider". Ndt.net.
- "Testia a BiNDT member". Bindt.org.
- "Testia a CNAEND member". Aend.org.
- "Testia a cofrend member". Cofrend.com.
- "Testia within Technocampus". Technocampus.fr.
- "Testia & Ludwig Bölkow Campus". Lb-campus.com.
- "Testia in CFK Valley". Cfk-valley.com.
- "Testia Augmented Reality in LesEchos". Lesechos.fr.
- "Testia immersion tool". Usine-digitale.fr.
- "Testia Augmented Reality product". Objectifaquitaine.latribune.fr.
- "AIN Online news about Airbus Advanced Inspection Drone". Ainonline.com.
- "Spanish aerospace news referencing Airbus & Testia drone".
- "Aerospace Testing International post about Airbus and Testia drone". Aerospacetestinginternational.com.
- "Tom Travel". Tom.travel.
- "Airbus & Testia drone in Air and Cosmos". Air-cosmos.com.
- "Airbus and Testia drone". Lemonde.fr.
- "SITA reference of Testia, an Airbus company". Aita.aero.
- "Testia and NDT growth in BBC". Bbc.com. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "BBC". Testia growing in the UK.
- "Spirit AeroSystems va déployer l'outil SART de TESTIA pour l'inspection d'éléments de fuselage". Journal-aviation.com. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- "Hangar of the future". Airbus. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- "Testia starts operational business in the field of Structural Health Monitoring (SHM)". Linkedin.com. 13 March 2017. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- [dead link]
- "Les avions Airbus seront inspectés par des drones". Le Monde.fr. Retrieved 22 May 2018.