|Produced by||R. Dhanabhalan|
|Edited by||M. Ganesan|
Thanga Manasukkaran (English: Man with a golden heart) is a devotional 1992 Tamil drama film, directed by Rajavarman. The film features Murali and Sivaranjani in lead roles. The film, produced by R. Dhanabhalan, had musical score by Ilaiyaraaja and was released on 20 March 1992.
Murugesh (Murali), also known as Murugan, is a musician. He comes with his troupe into a village and is assigned to play from Aadi, the fourth month of the Tamil calendar, till the conclusion of the Village festival. The village head's (Vijayakumar) daughter Chellakili (Sivaranjani) waits for her lover Murugan, who was missing, while her cousin Duraipandi (G. M. Sundar), a brute, wants to marry her. Chellakili is curious about a song from her childhood sung by Murugesh. Meanwhile, a guitarist in the same music band as Murugesh (Goundamani) falls in love with a Karakattam dancer in the village, while Sundal (Senthil), another guitarist, helps him.
Murugesh finally reveals to Chellakili that he is her long-lost lover and cousin Murugan and also discloses the reason behind his disappearance. In the past, Chellakili's father wanted his daughter to marry his nephew and orphan Murugan. However, Yasodai (C. R. Saraswathi), Chellakili's aunt, wanted Chellakili to marry Duraipandi, her son. She managed to beat Murugan, and she expelled him from the village. Later, Murugan became a singer in a music band, and he still pines for Chellakili.
Duraipandi tries to kill Murugan through a crude bomb and fails. Over time, Duraipandi and Yasodai learn of Murugan's identity and romance. They then reveal Chellakili's love affair to her father without disclosing Murugesh's real identity. Her family then meets the Sadha Swamy (M. N. Nambiar), who causes Chellakili to forget her love through black magic. Now, Chellakili rejects Murugan's love and forgets him. What transpires later forms the crux of the story.
- Murali as Murugesh (Murugan)
- Sivaranjani as Chellakili
- Vijayakumar as Chellakili's father
- Goundamani as Guitarist in Murugan's troupe
- Senthil as Sundal
- G. M. Sundar as Duraipandi
- C. R. Saraswathi as Yasodai
- M. N. Nambiar as Sadha Swamy
- S. N. Lakshmi as Chellakili's grandmother
- Bayilvan Ranganathan as Mookkamma's father
- Sharmili as Mookkamma
- Ramesh Kumar
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The film score and the soundtrack were composed by film composer Ilaiyaraaja. The soundtrack, released in 1992, features 6 tracks with lyrics written by Gangai Amaran, Kamakodiyan and Piraisoodan.
|4||"Paatukulle Pattu"||Mano, S. Janaki||4:55|
|5||"Poothathu Poonthoppu"||Mano, S. Janaki||4:49|
- "Thanga Manasukaran (1992) Tamil Movie". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Ramya Kannan (9 September 2010). "Actor Murali dead". The Hindu. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "Murali passes away". indiaglitz.com. 8 September 2010. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "Thanga Manasukaran Songs". raaga.com. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "MusicIndiaOnline — Thanga Manasukaran(1991) Soundtrack". mio.to. Retrieved 1 March 2014.