|Single by Angels & Airwaves|
|from the album We Don't Need to Whisper|
|Released||May 18, 2006|
|Genre||Alternative rock, space rock|
|Angels & Airwaves singles chronology|
The song received increased attention when it aired on a Smallville trailer. After the season finale of Smallville aired, "The Adventure" climbed to #30 on Amazon.
During concerts, DeLonge has often used both "Down" and "I Miss You" by Blink-182 as part of an extended intro to the song. The track was played in the crowd warm-up session before Barack Obama's presidential election rallies in 2008.
The song was also featured on a Ford and X-Play commercial.
- "The Adventure" (Album version) – 5:12
- "The Adventure" (Radio edit) – 4:40
The song was officially released on February 20, 2006, as an internet-only short film. Although DeLonge had stated differently, the same version of the song that had been leaked previously after someone hacked into DeLonge's email account. It is shot on 8mm black and white, with the film having a science fiction feel to it. DeLonge stated that "...it kind of looks like George Lucas' THX 1138, where it's all beautiful naked women and fast cars and concrete and glass architecture." The subsequent short-film, "It Hurts", was released on April 18 and continues the story where "The Adventure" left off.
The music video for the song was directed by The Malloys. It was shot in March 2006 was released on April 5. The video was leaked onto the Internet soon after its release. "The Adventure" begins with the band boarding a spacecraft to pick up their instruments and begin playing, and then moves to DeLonge walking in a field. It ends with clips of World War II and DeLonge walking off into the distance in a meadow with the sky lit with planets. The video was nominated for Best Effects by the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards, including Best New Artist and Best Editing. It was also number one on MuchTopTens: "Top Ten Out of This World Videos" on December 14, 2006.
|Germany (Official German Charts)||82|
|Scotland (Official Charts Company)||15|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||20|
|US Billboard Hot 100||55|
|US Hot Modern Rock Tracks (Billboard)||5|
|US Pop 100 (Billboard)||51|
- "Musicline.de – Angels & Airwaves Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Archive Chart: 2006-05-21". Scottish Singles Top 40. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- "Chart Track: Week 20, 2006". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Archive Chart: 2006-05-21" UK Singles Chart. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Angels & Airwaves – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Angels & Airwaves. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Angels & Aiwaves Chart History". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Angels & Airwaves Chart History". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved January 19, 2016.