The American Dollar (band)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|The American Dollar|
|Origin||Queens, New York, United States|
|Genres||Post-rock, Ambient, Electronic|
|Years active||2005 – present|
|Members||John Emanuele - drums/keyboards
Richard Cupolo - guitar/keyboards
The American Dollar has released five studio albums, three remix albums and two EPs, either on independent labels or via their own Yesh Music imprint. Their debut self-titled effort was released in 2006. A Memory Stream, the band's third full-length, was issued in 2008. Their fourth album, entitled Atlas, was released by Yesh Music on January 1, 2010. The American Dollar's fifth full-length album, Awake In The City, was released on March 24, 2012. The band has toured America, Europe and Canada. Their last album, Across the Oceans, was February 2016 album of the month on the eclectic NPR radio program "Echoes."
In August 2011 the band brought a copyright infringement lawsuit against Joel and Victoria Osteen and the Lakewood Church for $3 million for unauthorized use of their music on DVDs and television broadcasts. The case was dismissed, and subsequently settled out of court.
In 2016, the band sued Google, Tidal and Microsoft for alleged infringement relating to the payment of streaming royalties, with Microsoft settling out of court. In response to the band's claims that they are owed $5 million, a Tidal spokesperson claimed "They are misinformed as to who, if anyone, owes royalty payments to them".
- Studio albums
- The American Dollar (February 2006)
- The Technicolour Sleep (April 2007)
- A Memory Stream (July 2008)
- Atlas (January 2010)
- Awake in the City (March 2012)
- Across the Oceans (December 2015)
- Ambient One (June 2009)
- Ambient Two (June 2010)
- Free Winter 2010 (December 2010)
- Ambient Three (September 2012)
- Free Winter 2012 (December 2012)
- Music for Sleep (December 2012)
- Music For Focus And Creativity (December 2013)
- Five Album Set & Bonus Eps (May 2014)
- From The Inland Sea - Split EP with Arms & Sleepers (December 2009)
- Live albums
- Live In Brooklyn (August 2010)
- "The American Dollar". Sputnikmusic. Retrieved February 27, 2011.
- Album review, Trouser Press, 2006.
- A Memory Stream review. Pop Matters, October 20, 2008.
- A Memory Stream Review, Absolute Punk
- Tom Butcher (February 6, 2010). "The American Dollar - Atlas". thesilentballet.com. Retrieved February 27, 2011.
- Album Review, Redefine Magazine, January, 2010.
- Album Review Strange Glue, January 5, 2010.
- Atlas Review, Absolute Punk.
-  Echoes Feature
-  The American Dollar on IMDb
- Shellnut, Kate (12 February 2012). "BELIEVE IT OR NOT Judge favors Lakewood in music copyright suit". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
-  5th Circuit Won't Toss Copyright Suit
- Wilson, Scott (4 March 2016). "The band that sued Tidal and Google also sued Microsoft". FACT Magazine. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- Resnikoff, Paul (3 March 2016). "The Guy That Sued Tidal Just Settled With Microsoft". Digital Music News. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- Chiusano, Scott (1 March 2016). "This is the band that's suing Jay Z's streaming service for $5 million". New York Daily News. Retrieved 4 March 2016.