The American Journal of Economics and Sociology
|Discipline||Political economics, social philosophy|
|Edited by||Clifford W. Cobb|
Wiley-Blackwell (United States)
|ISO 4||Am. J. Econ. Sociol.|
The American Journal of Economics and Sociology is a peer-reviewed academic journal established in 1941 by Will Lissner with support from the Robert Schalkenbach Foundation. The purpose of the journal was to create a forum for continuing discussion of the issues raised by Henry George, a political economist, social philosopher, and political activist of the late 19th century. The editor-in-chief is Clifford W. Cobb.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Social Sciences Citation Index
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2018 impact factor of 0.455, ranking it 328th out of 363 in the category "Economics" and 134 out of 148 in the category "Sociology".
- ^ "About the Robert Schalkenbach Foundation". Homepage. Robert Schalkenbach Foundation. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- ^ Lissner, Will (2001). "On the Origins of the American Journal of Economics and Sociology: Its Purposes and Objectives". American Journal of Economics and Sociology. 60 (2): 423–433. doi:10.1111/1536-7150.00069.
- ^ "Source details: American Journal of Economics and Sociology". Scopus Preview. Elsevier. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- ^ "Journals Ranked by Impact: Economics". 2018 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Science ed.). Clarivate Analytics. 2019.
- ^ "Journals Ranked by Impact: Sociology". 2018 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Science ed.). Clarivate Analytics. 2019.