The Battle of Polytopia
|The Battle of Polytopia|
|Designer(s)||Felix af Ekenstam|
|Programmer(s)||Felix af Ekenstam|
|Composer(s)||Robin af Ekenstam|
|Mode(s)||Single-player video game multi-player video game|
The player leads one of fifteen tribes to conquer a polygonal square-shaped world by capturing cities.
It's playable alone against AI, against friends in the "Pass & Play" mode, and against online opponents in multiplayer mode.
Released on February 29th 2016, the game was originally named Super Tribes. However, in June 2016 the name was changed to The Battle of Polytopia due to trademark issues. A desktop version is planned to be released on Steam during spring 2019.
Polytopia is a turn-based single- or multiplayer strategy game. The player takes on the role of the ruler of a Tribe, starting with one advantage over the other tribes, and attempts to build an empire in competition with the other tribes, which can either be controlled by the computer itself, or by a turn-based, "pass and play" system.
Auto-generated maps make each game a new experience, with unlimited replay value.
There are currently 15 different tribes to choose from. Each tribe has differing terrain and structures.
- "Cult Turn-Based Strategy Game 'The Battle of Polytopia' Getting Online Multiplayer February 15th". TouchArcade. 2018-02-08. Retrieved 2018-06-10.
- "Take over the world (over and over and over) in The Battle of Polytopia". Macworld. Retrieved 2018-06-10.
- "Civilization-like Super Tribes is now called The battle of Polytopia, updated with new UI and tribe". Pocket Gamer. Retrieved 2018-06-10.
- "Polytopia announces big screen debut". Steam Community. Retrieved 2019-03-29.
- Brouwers, Josho. "Battle of Polytopia". Ancient World Magazine. Retrieved 2018-06-10.