Remember the Daze
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for films. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Remember the Daze|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Jess Manafort|
|Produced by||Jess Manafort
|Written by||Jess Manafort|
|Music by||Dustin O'Halloran|
|Edited by||Larry Bock
|Distributed by||First Look International
Remember the Daze, originally titled The Beautiful Ordinary, is a 2007 drama film released in theaters in April 2008. The film was directed by Jess Manafort. The plot of the movie has been described as "a glimpse into the teenage wasteland of suburbia 1999 that takes place over 24-hours, and the teenagers who make their way through the last day of high school in the last year of the past millennium."
The film was selected as one of the eight films competing in the Narrative Competition at the 2007 Los Angeles Film Festival which took place June 21-July 1. This was the world premiere of the film.
In February 2008, the movie's title was changed from The Beautiful Ordinary. It was released in two theaters in LA, one in New York and one in Washington, D.C. on April 11, 2008 and was released on DVD on June 3, 2008. The movie was filmed primarily in Wilmington, North Carolina during May 2006.
The film takes place in a small suburban town in North Carolina in 1999. It's the last day of school and kids just want to have fun. That, at least, is the plan.
- Amber Heard as Julia Ford
- Melonie Diaz as Brianne
- Marnette Patterson as Stacey Cherry
- Alexa Vega as Holly
- Leighton Meester as Tori
- Wesley Jonathan as Biz
- Aaron Himelstein as Riley
- Chris Marquette as Felix
- John Robinson as Bailey
- Lyndsy Fonseca as Dawn
- Sean Marquette as Mod
- Khleo Thomas as Dylan
- Shahine Ezell as Eddie
- Katrina Begin as Sylvia
- Charles Chen as Thomas
- Caroline Dollar as Kiki
- Max Hoffman as Zack
- Sunny Doench as Mrs. Turner
- Moira Kelly as Mrs. Ford
- Brie Larson as Angie Ford
- Douglas Smith as Pete
- Stella Maeve as Lighty
- Michael Welch as Stephen
The film was generally blasted by critics, earning a "rotten" rating on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes with a score of 0%. Metacritic reported the film had an average score of 36 out of 100, based on 6 reviews. Peter Debruge of Variety said that the movie "demonstrates considerable promise on the part of its director and her up-and-coming cast" but had no "great secrets or revelations."
- "Remember the Daze". Freestylereleasing.com. 11 April 2008. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "Remember the Daze". IMDb.com. 1 June 2007. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-05-17. Retrieved 2007-05-17. Los Angeles Film Festival 2007 Line-Up
- "Coming Soon page". Thebeautifulordinary.com. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "Remember the Daze (2008): Reviews". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "Remember the Daze (2008): Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2008-04-11.
- Debruge, Peter (2007-07-05). "Remember the Daze". Variety. Retrieved 2017-10-31.