The Bloodsugars' press photo for their recent album I Can't Go On, I'll Go On
|Origin||New York City|
|Genres||Indie rock, synthpop, garage rock|
|Labels||Engine Room Recordings|
|Past members||David Beauchamp|
The Bloodsugars are a Brooklyn-based rock band, composed of Jason Rabinowitz, Brendan O'Grady, Matt Katz, and Kenneth Salters. Rabinowitz is the primary singer and songwriter in the band. David Beauchamp was the original drummer, but he left to focus on playing with Jeffrey Lewis, and Kenneth Salters took his place.
The Bloodsugars recorded two songs for Guilt by Association Vol. 2, a compilation released by Engine Room Recordings featuring independent artists covering well-known pop and R&B songs from the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s. They covered Laura Branigan's 1984 hit song "Self Control", as well as Chris de Burgh's 1986 hit song, "The Lady in Red" (released as an iTunes Store bonus track).
- Jason Rabinowitz · Vocals, Guitar
- Brendan O'Grady · Bass
- Matt Katz · Synths
- Kenneth Salters · Drums
- I Can't Go On, I'll Go On (Engine Room Recordings, 2009)
- Light at the End of the Tunnel
- The Pedestrian Boogie
- Sleep Well (Cottage Industry)
- Falling Makes You Blue
- Girls At
- I Want It Back
- Fly Along
- Before the Accident
- BQEP (Engine Room Recordings, 2008)
- Purpose Was Again - 4:19
- Bloody Mary - 4:15
- Cinderella - 3:05
- Breakfast on the BQE - 4:55
- Saint of Containment - 4:36
- Uh Oh - 4:09
- Guilt by Association Vol. 2 (Engine Room Recordings, 2008) Songs: "Self Control" (Laura Branigan cover) and "The Lady in Red" (Chris de Burgh cover)
- "Bio". Retrieved 2009-06-18.
- "Sneak Peek: The Bloodsugars Tracklisting". Engine Room Recordings. 30 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-09.
- Matthew Solarski (19 November 2008). "My Brightest Diamond, Frightened Rabbit Do Covers". Pitchfork. Retrieved 2009-06-11.