The Boss Men
|The Boss Men|
|Studio album by Don Patterson with Sonny Stitt and Billy James|
|Recorded||December 28, 1965|
|Studio||Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey|
|Don Patterson chronology|
|Sonny Stitt chronology|
Allmusic awarded the album 2½ stars stating "While this is a respectable straight-ahead jazz-with-organ session, it's also so similar to so many other Prestige dates from the mid-'60s -- not to mention the other dates which featured the exact same three players as this LP does -- that it challenges the reviewer to come up with anything new, fresh, and exciting to say about the music".
All compositions by Don Patterson except where noted.
- "Diane" (Art Pepper) – 5:40
- "Someday My Prince Will Come" (Frank Churchill, Larry Morey) – 8:15
- "Easy to Love" (Cole Porter) – 5:40
- "What's New?" (Johnny Burke, Bob Haggart) – 5:30
- "Big C's Rock" – 3:09
- "They Say That Falling in Love Is Wonderful" (Irving Berlin) – 7:45