|Headquarters||Culver City, California, U.S.|
|Jeff Weinstein and Craig Albert|
The Counter is a high end casual dining restaurant chain in the United States, Ireland, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Ghana offering custom topped gourmet burgers with over a million possible burger and burgers-in-a-bowl combinations through a checklist-style menu.
The Counter was launched into the public eye when Gayle King mentioned it on The Oprah Winfrey Show on February 24, 2006, It has also been listed as number 15 on Alan Richman's The 20 Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die in GQ Magazine.
In the August 14, 2005 issue, Nation's Restaurant News named The Counter as one of "2008's Six Hottest Concepts." 
At 45 units, The Counter is a mostly full-service, build-your-own burger concept, but the company is also growing a fast-casual sister concept called Built, which has five locations.
- The Counter concept moves into Greater D.C. Washington Business Journal (2007-06-22)
- The Oprah Winfrey Show, February 28, 2006
- The Oprah Winfrey Show, Episode 5942, Transcript
- Alan Richman. The 20 hamburgers you must eat before you die. GQ features.
- FranchiseWorks, Nation's Restaurant News, August 25, 2008
- "The Counter refocuses on burger customization". nrn.com. Retrieved 2016-06-27.