The Diplomatic Courier
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Online and print|
|Publisher||Medauras Global, LLC|
|Editor||Ana Carcani Rold|
The Diplomatic Courier is an English-language global news and international affairs analysis magazine based in Washington, D.C. It publishes six print issues per year, in addition to weekly online content and a blog, On Point. It focuses on the latest ideas and processes in diplomacy, negotiations, conflict resolution, international affairs, peace-building, and rule of law as well as concepts and theories from a wide variety of related disciplines. Each print issue focuses on a broad concept or trend in international affairs.
The Diplomatic Courier's stated philosophy is to be accessible, intergenerational, and global in its voice.
The Diplomatic Courier was founded in 2006 by Ana Carcani Rold, its current editor-in-chief. The print magazine published four issues per year from 2006–2010, five issues in 2011, and six issues per year from 2012 to the present.
- Ana Carcani Rold, Editor-in-Chief
The Top 99 Under 33
In the Summer 2011 issue, the Diplomatic Courier launched "The Top 99 Under 33" list, listing the 99 most influential foreign policy professionals under 33. The Top 99 were chosen through an initial nominations process, and from there a board consisting of members of the networking group, Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP), and editors of The Diplomatic Courier chose the Top 99 and who to honor as the Top 9. In 2012 and 2013, the "Diplomatic Courier" continued the lists, each time choosing candidates from an open nominations process.
Global Go-To Think Tanks of 2011
In the January 2012 issue, the Diplomatic Courier partnered with the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) to produce the 2011 Global Go-To Think Tank Report, launching the report at the National Press Club (USA). The approach of James McGann, director of the TTCSP, to the study and assessment of think tanks has been criticised by think tank researchers such as Enrique Mendizabal and Goran Buldioski, Director of the Think Tank Fund, supported by the Open Society Institute.
- "All About Us". Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- "The Team". Diplomatic Courier. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Top 99 Under 33". Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- "Top 99 Under 33 Foreign Policy Leaders!". Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- "Diplomatic Courier - Global Think Tanks". Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- Mendizabal, Enrique. "Another year, another ranking of think tanks (and surprise surprise, Brookings is still the best)". On Think Tanks. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- Buldioski, Goran. "Mirror, mirror on the wall… tell me who is the best think tank in the world?". Goran's Musings. Retrieved 28 November 2011.