The Extra Lens
|The Extra Lens|
|Also known as||The Extra Glenns|
|Years active||1992–1996, 1998, 2000–2004, 2010|
The Extra Lens, formerly known as The Extra Glenns, is a band made up of Franklin Bruno (of Nothing Painted Blue and The Human Hearts) and John Darnielle (of the Mountain Goats). The band acts as a side project of both artists, and stayed underground throughout the 1990s, recording tracks for singles and some compilations. Both artists primarily concentrate on their own solo work, though as their popularity has grown, they have continued to work together whenever possible.
In August 2010, it was announced that The Extra Glenns had signed to Merge Records and changed their name to The Extra Lens. The new album, Undercard, was released on October 19, 2010. SPIN Magazine gave the record 7 out of 10 stars, calling it "vivid" and "haunting."
- "Badger Song" and "That" - High Fly Graveyard cassette (Shrimper, 1992)
- "Badger Song" - Abridged Perversion CD (Shrimper, 1994)
- "I Hear the Planets" - Fantasy Band 7" EP (Shrimper, 1994)
- "Process of Elimination" - The Long Secret CD (Harriet, 1995)
- "Sure" - Sidereal Rest CD (Scratch, 1996)
- "Gravedigger" - Extra Walt 2x7" (Walt, 1996)
- Pitchfork Media on Martial Arts Weekend[permanent dead link]
- The Extra Glenns at AllMusic
|This article on a United States rock music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|