|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2008)|
|Company||William Reed Business Media|
|Based in||Crawley, West Sussex|
The Grocer 33
A feature of the magazine is 'The Grocer 33'. This is a survey of each of the 5 leading supermarkets' (Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Waitrose) prices and availability on a range of 33 popular lines and published in each issue. The survey is conducted by "mystery shoppers" and different branches in varying parts of the country are used for each week's survey. The supermarkets place prominence on this feature and ASDA heavily promotes the fact it has been the lowest-priced supermarket in The Grocer's survey for the past fifteen years.
The Grocer runs a range of awards in the food retail industry, including:
- The Grocer Gold Awards
- The Grocer Own Label Food & Drink Awards
- The Grocer Food & Drink Awards
- Grocery Advertising and Marketing Industry Awards (Gramia)
- The Convenience Retail Awards
- Grocery - The Grocer - The market leading weekly for the UK grocery market - William Reed
- "Grocer 33: Homepage". The Grocer. Retrieved 19 May 2015.