The Helmet of Horror
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
The Helmet of Horror (Russian: «Шлем ужаса: Креатифф о Тесее и Минотавре») is a novel by Victor Pelevin first published in 2005. The novel consists of 6 chapters. Novel was commissioned by the British publisher Canongate as part of the international Canongate Myth Series.
The genre of this work is a piece written in the form of a chat between the characters. But in Pelevine's production, on his site, it is listed in the novel category, and several articles on the subject also use the name novel. But some critics refer to the work as a play genre, or as a dramatic narrative.
Eight characters are participants in a very strange chat. Each of them, in an unknown way, finds himself in one of the very similar rooms with a keyboard and a computer. Soon they understand that they have become participants in the myth of Theseus and the Minotaur. But the situation is much more complex than it seems at first glance.
Each character has his or her own labyrinth behind the door of his or her room.
- Pelevin, Viktor (2007). The Helmet of Horror: The Myth of Theseus and the Minotaur. Canongate. ISBN 978-1-84195-889-7.
- "The Helmet Of Horror by Victor Pelevin - Canongate Books". canongate.co.uk. Retrieved 2021-01-25.
- "Review: The Helmet of Horror by Victor Pelevin". the Guardian. 2006-04-22. Retrieved 2021-01-25.
- "Вы слышите их?". ВЗГЛЯД.РУ (in Russian). Retrieved 2021-01-25.
- "The Helmet of Horror by Victor Pelevin". Penguin Random House Canada. Retrieved 2021-01-25.