The Illegal Eater
|The Illegal Eater|
|Created by||Chris Charney, Scott R. Leary|
|Written by||Chris Charney|
|Directed by||Chris Charney, John Barnard, Scott R. Leary|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Production company(s)||Farpoint Films|
|Original network||Travel + Escape, Esquire Network|
|Original release||October 22, 2013|
The Illegal Eater was a Canadian reality television series that premiered in 2013 in Canada on Travel + Escape. Hosted by musician Steven Page, the series featured Page traveling to various North American cities to profile "under the radar" food businesses, such as pop-up restaurants, food carts and underground restaurants. The show also aired in the United States on the Esquire Network.
The series won a 2014 Banff Rockie Awards for Best Lifestyle Series at the Banff World Media Festival. The show also garnered two Canadian Screen Award nominations at the 3rd Canadian Screen Awards in 2015, for Best Lifestyle Program or Series and Best Writing in a Lifestyle or Reality/Competition Program or Series.
- "Steven Page the Illegal Eater; The former Barenaked Ladies frontman goes underground to host a TV show devoted to dining". Vancouver Sun, October 8, 2013.
- "Steven Page's Controversial New Food Series 'The Illegal Eater'". Huffington Post.
- "Steven Page serves dinner with a twist of crime on Illegal Eater". National Post.
- "Interview: former Bare Naked Ladies' Steven Page The Illegal Eater". Vancouver Sun.
- "Barenaked food; Musician Steven Page discovers tasty adventure in new series The Illegal Eater". Calgary Herald, October 26, 2013.
- "The Illegal Eater Wins A Rockie Award". Steven Page.
|This article about a television show originating in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|