The Last Laugh (2016 film)
|The Last Laugh|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Ferne Pearlstein|
|Written by||Robert Edwards, Ferne Pearlstein|
"Is the Holocaust funny? This documentary looks at the taboo topic of humor, delving deep into pop-culture to find out where to draw the line, and whether that is a desirable—or even possible—goal. Much of the film is centered around Auschwitz survivor Renee Firestone who discusses humor in the concentration camps and finding enjoyment in life after the war."
- All appearing as themselves
- Mel Brooks
- Robert Clary
- David Cross
- Renee Firestone
- Gilbert Gottfried
- Carl Reiner
- Rob Reiner
- Jeff Ross
- Sarah Silverman
The Last Laugh has earned very high critical praise. The film has a score of 98% on Rotten Tomatoes, based on 44 reviews. The site's critical consensus reads, "The Last Laugh takes a fresh -- and unexpectedly funny -- approach to sensitive subject matter, uncovering affecting insights about the nature of comedy along the way."
- "The Last Laugh". The Film Collaborative. Retrieved September 8, 2017.
- Jule Rozite. "The Last Laugh". Tribeca Film Festival. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- Dennis Harvey (May 19, 2016). "Film Review: 'The Last Laugh'". Variety. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- Kenneth Turan (March 16, 2017). "Review 'The Last Laugh' asks if there's anything taboo in comedy anymore". LA Times. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- "The Last Laugh (2017)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved June 8, 2017.
|This article about a documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|