The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (play)
|The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe|
|Written by||Le Clanché du Rand|
|Date premiered||1989|
|Genre||One-act adaptation of a children's fantasy novel|
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is an American dramatization of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis, the British children's novel that inaugurated The Chronicles of Narnia in 1950. The one-act play for two actors was written by Le Clanché du Rand and published in 1989 by Dramatic Publishing of Woodstock, Illinois. It is licensed by Dramatic to theaters worldwide. One production opened in 2011 Off-Broadway in New York City.
The play is currently running Off-Broadway at St. Luke's Theatre in New York City. The production is directed by Julia Beardsley O'Brien and stage managed by Lila Neiswanger. The current cast features Rockford Sansom and Abigail Taylor-Sansom.
- 2013: Marin Theatre Company in Mill Valley, CA, presented a production directed by Jessa Berkner and featuring Reggie White and Elena Wright.
- 2014: South Carolina Children's Theater in Greenville, SC, listed the show as part of their touring roster for the 2014-2015 season.
- "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: (touring)". Dramatic Publishing. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- "The lion, the witch, and the wardrobe: one-act touring version". LC Online Catalog; Library of Congress (catalog.loc.gov). Retrieved 2015-06-19.
- Graeber, Laurel (September 4, 2014). "Spare Times for Children for Sept. 5–11". The New York Times. Retrieved 2014-09-20.
- "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe calendar listing". Marin Theatre Company. Retrieved August 11, 2014. "For immediate release" promoting February 24 and March 16 performances (no year).
- (touring). South Carolina Children's Theater. Retrieved August 11, 2014. Evidently out of date 2015-06-19.
- Maga, Carly. "Stratford Festival puts magic of Narnia onstage: review". Friday, June 3, 2016. The Toronto Star. Retrieved 12 October 2017.