The Man from Elysian Fields
|The Man from Elysian Fields|
|Directed by||George Hickenlooper|
|Produced by||Andy García |
|Written by||Phillip Jayson Lasker|
|Music by||Anthony Marinelli|
|Edited by||Michael Brown|
|Distributed by||Samuel Goldwyn Films|
After one book that ended up in the remainder bins, novelist Byron Tiller's inability to pay the bills strains relations with his wife. Desperate for any kind of income, he meets Luther Fox, an Englishman who runs an exclusive escort service called Elysian Fields, and is offered a job.
Hiding his new employment from his wife, Byron finds that one of his clients, Andrea, is married to a much older, ill Pulitzer Prize-winning author whom Tiller greatly admires. Complications develop as he develops a relationship with the author, essentially cowriting his latest book. Tiller faces new challenges as he tries to separate a professional obligation to the wife, his client, from a professional interest and responsibility to a fellow writer, her spouse.
- Andy Garcia as Byron Tiller
- Mick Jagger as Luther Fox
- Julianna Margulies as Dena Tiller
- Olivia Williams as Andrea Alcott
- James Coburn as Tobias Alcott
- Anjelica Huston as Jennifer Adler
- Michael Des Barres as Nigel Halsey
- Richard Bradford as Edward Rodgers
On review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes the film had a rating of 51% based on 70 reviews, with an average of 5.9/10. The site's consensus states: "Critics Consensus: This story about a gigolo isn't plausible or compelling enough." On Metacritic it has a score of 57 based on reviews from 26 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
- The Man from Elysian Fields on IMDb
- The Man from Elysian Fields at AllMovie
- The Man from Elysian Fields at Box Office Mojo
|This article about an independent drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|