The Marriage of Heaven and Hell Part I
|The Marriage of Heaven and Hell Part I|
|Studio album by|
|Released||January 23, 1995 (Europe), February 8, 1995 (Japan)|
|Studio||Media Recording, Babylon, New York|
|Label||T&T / Noise|
|Producer||David DeFeis, Axel Thubeauville|
|Virgin Steele chronology|
The Marriage of Heaven and Hell Part I is the sixth studio album by American power metal band Virgin Steele, released in 1995. It is the first part of a trilogy of concept albums, comprising also The Marriage of Heaven and Hell Part II and Invictus, about the relationship between humanity and divinity. The songs of the album do not follow a storyline, but they were inspired by religion, mythology, poetry and the personal beliefs of lyricist DeFeis.
De Feis and Pursino played all the bass lines on the album, after bass player Rob DeMartino had left the band.
All lyrics by David DeFeis, music as listed
- "I Will Come for You" (DeFeis) - 5:47
- "Weeping of the Spirits" (DeFeis, Ed Pursino) - 5:42
- "Blood and Gasoline" (DeFeis) - 5:31
- "Self Crucifixion" (DeFeis) - 4:03
- "Last Supper" (DeFeis) - 6:36
- "Warrior's Lament" (DeFeis) - 2:17
- "Trail of Tears" (DeFeis, Pursino) - 6:54
- "The Raven Song" (DeFeis, Pursino) - 5:00
- "Forever Will I Roam" (DeFeis) - 5:20
- "I Wake Up Screaming" (DeFeis, Pursino) - 4:36
- "House of Dust" (DeFeis) - 4:04
- "Blood of the Saints" (DeFeis, Pursino) - 4:48
- "Life Among the Ruins" (DeFeis) - 6:02
- "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell" (DeFeis) - 3:38
- Steve Young - engineer, mixing
- Axel Thubeauville - executive producer
- Reesman, Bryan. "Virgin Steele The Marriage of Heaven & Hell review". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2011-07-12.
- Jussi Kallinen (2009-02-16). "Levyarviot: Virgin Steele - The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell part 1 (reissue)". Imperiumi. Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- Ramas, Clara (2003-03-07). "Interview to David DeFeis". Virgin-Steele.com. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- The Marriage of Heaven and Hell Part I (CD sleeve). Virgin Steele. Berlin, Germany: T&T (TT0012-2). 1994.CS1 maint: others (link)