The Mastermind Jinda Sukha
|The Mastermind- Jinda Sukha|
|Directed by||Sukhjinder Singh Shera|
|Produced by||Sukhchain Singh|
|Written by||Harjinder Singh Jinda|
Sukhdev Singh Sukha
|Based on||Letters from Jail|
by Harjinder Singh Jinda
|Music by||Joy Atul|
Singh Brothers Productions
|Budget||₹2.5 crore (US$350,000), ₹43 lakh (US$60,000) on P.A.|
The Mastermind Jinda Sukha is 2015 Punjabi film initially released 11 September 2015. Film is based on true facts and letters exchanged by Harjinder Singh Jinda and Sukhdev Singh Sukha during their imprisonment in Pune.
Cast of The Mastermind Jinda Sukha is:
- Nav Bajwa
- Sonpreet Jawandha
- Guggu Gill
- Sukhjinder Shera
- Satwant Kaur
- Harinder Bubb
- Isha Sharma
- Sunita Dhir
- Davvy Singh
- Amritpal Singh (Billa)
- Jaggi Dhuri
- Parminder Gill
The Mastermind Jinda Sukha is shot at Harjinder Singh Jinda's and Sukhdev Singh Sukha's villages. Its also shot at different locations of Pune city. But shooting at Gen Vaidya Marg (Old Anderson Road) was not allowed as its location falls in cantonment area for which film crew was not granted permission by Indian Army officials.
The Mastermind Jinda Sukha was banned by CBFC on 9 September after Home Ministry was alerted by Intelligence Bureau. Shubhra Gupta, The Indian Express’s film critic and former member of the CBFC criticised the ban and questioned censorship vs certification in India. Other CBFC member and filmmaker Ashoke Pandit, also criticised CBFC chairman Pahlaj Nihalani’s decision to Ban the movie.
- "The film, which is based on the letters exchanged between the Sukha and Jinda before they were hanged for their crimes".
- "ban has cost the producers nearly Rs 2.5 crore, in addition to Rs 43 lakhs spent on publicity".
- TNN (13 August 2015). "'The Mastermind Jinda Sukha' postponed to September 11, 2015". The Times of India. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "'Jinda-Sukha' banned in India, film makers to release it abroad". www.hindustantimes.com. 11 September 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "The Mastermind- Jinda Sukha, a real life story set to release early June". The Times of India. 3 March 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- Mishra, Garima (11 September 2015). "Movie on Gen Vaidya assassins: Army denied filmmakers permission to shoot murder scene in city". The Indian Express. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Censor Board bans the film on assassins of General Vaidya : Punjab, News". India Today. 10 September 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- Neha, Saini (14 September 2015). "Film on Sukha-Jinda to be released overseas". www.tribuneindia.com. Tribune News Service. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- Kapoor, Jaskiran (10 September 2015). "Censor okays, then blocks film on assassins of General A S Vaidya". The Indian Express. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Intelligence Bureau red-flags a Punjabi movie 'Jinda and Sukha' based on AS Vaidya killers". timesofindia-economictimes. 6 May 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Film certification: A, U, A/U and everything in between".
- "A censor board is for certification, not for bans. Ban is childish, an immature act in a democracy. Censor board can ask for cuts and edits, but not gag the freedom of a filmmaker".