The Millionaire's Wife (TV series)
|The Millionaire's Wife|
|Created by||Marlon Miguel|
|Directed by||Albert Langitan|
|Creative director(s)||Roy Iglesias|
|Opening theme||"Para Sa Pag-Ibig" by Frencheska Farr|
|Ending theme||"Under Your Favor" by Rocco Nacino|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||72|
|Executive producer(s)||Michele R. Borja|
|Cinematography||Ricardo "Rommel" Santos|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||20-30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||March 14– June 24, 2016|
The Millionaire's Wife is a 2016 Philippine television drama romance series broadcast by GMA Network. Directed by Albert Langitan, it stars Andrea Torres in the title role. It premiered on March 14, 2016 on the network's Afternoon Prime line up replacing Destiny Rose and worldwide on March 15, 2016 on GMA Pinoy TV. The series concluded on June 24, 2016 with a total of 72 episodes. It was replaced by Sa Piling ni Nanay in its timeslot.
The story follows Louisa Ignacio, a single mother who settles in a marriage for convenience with an older man. She vows to be a wife to him in exchange of giving her son who has diabetes. After she agrees to marry Fred, Louisa will face the consequences of her decision which involves her stepdaughter, her stepdaughter's children, her child and the father of her child.
Cast and characters
- Lead cast
- Andrea Torres as Luisa Ignacio-Vergara/Meneses
- Mike Tan as Ivan Meneses
- Robert Arevalo as Don Alfredo "Fredo" Vergara
- Supporting cast
- Jaclyn Jose as Stella Vergara-Montecillo
- Ina Raymundo as Allison Montecillo
- Sid Lucero as Jared Montecillo
- James Blanco as Mike Crisostomo
- Rich Asuncion as Rosario "Rio" Samson
- Mymy Davao as Susan Samson
- Gilleth Sandico as Esme Meneses
- Jhoana Marie Tan as Sheila Meneses
- Luz Fernandez as Delia Cruz
- Louise Bolton as Elaine
- Denise Barbacena as Grace
- Aaron Yanga as Nurse
- Guest cast
- Dave Roy Sotero as Rico
- Rob Moya as Jared's friend
- Billy James Renacia as Jared's friend
- Ku Aquino as Robert
- Arrly Enriquez as Ronron
- Stephanie Sol as Georgia Samson
- Justin Guevarra as Prof. Antonio "Anthony" Obras
- Sanya Lopez as Lovely
- Jade Lopez as Carla
- Mayton Eugenio as Selena Buenaluz
Production and development
This section does not cite any sources. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Series' developer, Marlon Miguel began developing The Millionaire's Wife under the title "My Daughter Daniela" in February 2016. The idea for the series was conceive when Miguel began thinking... "After he finds out that they have a child?". The production team found the concept/premise very interesting. Miguel stated that the series also presents an interesting take to a seemingly perfect love story, as it explores the groundbreaking of the protagonist and how she must decide between the two men who love her. In her Instagram post yesterday, February 17, she happily announced her new TV series.
This shy's away Andrea Torres from her leading man Mikael Daez, after the success of their afternoon telenovela Ang Lihim ni Annasandra (2014-15) and works with veteran actors Jaclyn Jose, Robert Arevalo, and Sid Lucero, and Ina Raymundo.
The whole casts were first presented during the series' story conference held on February 17, 2016 at GMA Network Center. In the new Kapuso show, she will co-star with Ina Raymundo, Mike Tan, Rich Asuncion and Sid Lucero.
Andrea also shared on Instagram that she had her hair cut for her newest role.
After they had their look test earlier today, Ina announced that she’ll be playing the role of Allison Montecillo.
The series' plug, teasers, as well as the opening title sequence were filmed in a studio at GMA Network Center, in Quezon City. Production started filming the series on February 26, 2016. Many of the series' scenes were shot on location in Angeles, Pampanga.
- Anarcon, James Patrick (February 19, 2016). "Andrea Torres paired with Mike Tan for GMA-7's The Millionaire's Wife". Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- "The Millionaire's Wife - A million stories for a billion people - HOOQ". Retrieved August 17, 2017.
- "The Millionaire's Wife (Full Episodes) - YouTube". Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- "The Millionaire's Wife". Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- Andrea Torres paired with Mike Tan for GMA-7's The Millionaire's Wife
- Ching, Mark Angelo (April 18, 2016). "AGB Mega Manila Ratings (March 11-20, 2016): Sunday Pinasaya is No. 1 while ASAP gets single-digit ratings". Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Ching, Mark Angelo (January 1, 2017). "AGB: 10 Top-rating Pilot and Finale Daytime episodes in 2016". Retrieved January 24, 2018.
|This Philippine television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|