The Nation Institute
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Mission||"Strengthening the independent press and advancing social justice and civil rights"|
|Location||New York, New York|
The Nation Institute is a nonprofit media organization associated with The Nation magazine. It sponsors fellows, hosts forums, publishes, and is involved in awards for journalism. Orville Schell worked for The Nation Institute. David Weir is a member of the group's editorial board. The Nation Institute fellows have included Wayne Barrett, Chris Hedges, David Moberg and Jeremy Scahill. The group has also funded documentaries by Habiba Nosheen. Chris Hayes was a Puffin Foundation Writing Fellow at The Nation Institute from 2006 through 2007.
The Nation Institute is one of the presenters of the Ridenhour Prize. Antonia Juhasz is a reporter with the Investigative Fund of The Nation Institute. Dana Goldstein is a Puffin Fellow at The Nation Institute. Lee Fang is a reporting fellow at The Nation Institute and a contributing writer at The Nation. Tom Engelhardt is the creator of The Nation Institute's tomdispatch.com, an online blog.
The Nation Institute started Nation Books in 2000, in partnership with Thunder's Mouth Press. In 2007, Perseus Books Group acquired Avalon Publishing Group, which was the parent company of Thunder's Mouth Press.
- "About". The Nation Institute. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- author bios, Chris Hedges
- "Bio page at The Nation".
- "Antonia Juhasz". The Investigative Fund. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- "Lee Fang". The Nation Institute. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "Lee Fang". The Investigative Fund. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- Puffin/Nation Prize for Creative Citizenship, official website.
- Avalon, the 'Nation' to Launch Nation Books.